News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Meri does Europe - Dec 2019 edition

Started by merithyn, July 25, 2019, 05:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Hakluyt

That's a date then. There is a realtime arrivals board website, so meeting at the station is great if you let me know which train you catch  :cool:

merithyn

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on November 12, 2019, 04:14:46 PM
That's a date then. There is a realtime arrivals board website, so meeting at the station is great if you let me know which train you catch  :cool:

:w00t: :yeah: :w00t:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

MY BAD!! Tonitrus corrected me. We're heading your way on Saturday, December 28 NOT Sunday, December 29. I'm sorry!!

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on November 12, 2019, 04:09:25 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on November 12, 2019, 04:03:14 PM
30th should work for me :)

Anyone else?

Should probably think of somewhere indoors.

Berry will be joining us. ^_^

Oh good. Let her know we still love her.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: merithyn on November 12, 2019, 04:41:40 PM

MY BAD!! Tonitrus corrected me. We're heading your way on Saturday, December 28 NOT Sunday, December 29. I'm sorry!!

No problem, probably a livelier night in town.

celedhring

Quote from: merithyn on November 12, 2019, 02:18:19 PM
Barcelona Meet-Up: December 13 -
Time: 1900
Place: TBD (Celed, suggestions??)

That's the traditional start of the Christmas season in Catalonia. Nowadays it starts way back in November, but I'll see if there's some event in town we can check out and then have dinner somewhere nearby.

garbon

Anyone else?

I can put myself back as a tentative. I'm getting back at 1pm that day so should be free provided I don't feel like death warmed over.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Quote from: celedhring on November 13, 2019, 04:30:32 AM

That's the traditional start of the Christmas season in Catalonia. Nowadays it starts way back in November, but I'll see if there's some event in town we can check out and then have dinner somewhere nearby.

Funny. That's traditionally the start of the Christmas season in my home, too! :D That sounds lovely. The living nativity scenes also sounds amazing.

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on November 13, 2019, 04:33:48 AM

Anyone else?

I can put myself back as a tentative. I'm getting back at 1pm that day so should be free provided I don't feel like death warmed over.

:w00t: :hug:

It's been a decade or longer since I saw you last! ^_^

celedhring

Quote from: merithyn on November 13, 2019, 11:26:06 AM
Quote from: celedhring on November 13, 2019, 04:30:32 AM

Funny. That's traditionally the start of the Christmas season in my home, too! :D That sounds lovely. The living nativity scenes also sounds amazing.

Remind me when you were leaving? The Living Nativity Scenes are usually open on weekends.

merithyn

Quote from: celedhring on November 13, 2019, 12:02:34 PM
Remind me when you were leaving? The Living Nativity Scenes are usually open on weekends.

I fly out of Barcelona at 6am on Sunday, December 15.

celedhring

Quote from: merithyn on November 13, 2019, 01:48:22 PM

OK, just checked schedules and it would have to be Saturday 14th in the afternoon (they have shows starting at 18h pm, every 2 hours). Would that work, or did you have other plans? It would involve a 90 minute trip outside Barcelona.

If you want to check it out beforehand: https://pessebrecorbera.cat/?lang=es

There are many others, some of them closer, but they don't open until closer to Christmas day. The one in Corbera is one of the most famous, though.

merithyn

Quote from: celedhring on November 13, 2019, 02:22:22 PM
Quote from: merithyn on November 13, 2019, 01:48:22 PM

OK, just checked schedules and it would have to be Saturday 14th in the afternoon (they have shows starting at 18h pm, every 2 hours). Would that work, or did you have other plans? It would involve a 90 minute trip outside Barcelona.

If you want to check it out beforehand: https://pessebrecorbera.cat/?lang=es

There are many others, some of them closer, but they don't open until closer to Christmas day. The one in Corbera is one of the most famous, though.

Sounds lovely. :) It does mean you're stuck with me for two days instead just our initially planned one. :)

Also, you all heard it here. If I go missing on or around my birthday, it's this celedhring guy that did it*. ;)

* I'm imaging my mom's face if I'd told her that I was going to Spain and getting into the car of some guy I've never met (in person) and driving out into the country. :lol:

celedhring

merithyn