Author Topic: Epstein booked for trafficking underaged girls  (Read 3360 times)

Grinning_Colossus

• Strawman
  • Khaleesi, your dragons are too fat to fly.
Re: Epstein booked for trafficking underaged girls
« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2019, 03:20:08 am »
Why is this death being referred to as a suicide in much of the media, surely it's up to the relevant authorities to determine the cause of death?

The relevant authorities determined the cause of death well in advance.  :ph34r:
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Never stop yiffing.

jimmy olsen

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #121 on: August 15, 2019, 07:20:49 pm »
Autopsy shows multiple broken bones in Epstein's neck.

He was killed
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/15/jeffrey-epstein-had-broken-neck-bones.html
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Berkut

• Blessed by Valmy
  • Getting ready to post on Languish
« Reply #122 on: August 15, 2019, 08:32:13 pm »

He was killed

"NBC News medical expert Dr. John Torres said that a broken hyoid “can happen in both strangulation and hanging, but occurs in more often in strangulations.”

Torres noted that studies have found that a broken hyoid occurs in about 1 out of every 3 strangulations, and in 25% of hangings."

Did you even read the article you posted?
“If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven’t been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

• Neil
« Reply #123 on: August 15, 2019, 08:55:21 pm »
Maybe The Deep State is now working for Donnie.  :ph34r:
I'm up $25 on DGuller.

HisMajestyBOB

• Sugar Glider
  • OMG
« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2019, 09:23:29 pm »

He was killed

"NBC News medical expert Dr. John Torres said that a broken hyoid “can happen in both strangulation and hanging, but occurs in more often in strangulations.”

Torres noted that studies have found that a broken hyoid occurs in about 1 out of every 3 strangulations, and in 25% of hangings."

So a slightly more plausible suicide than "shot himself in the back of the head three times."
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help.

"Women should stay home and make babies. Preferably man-child."
"He always talks like that. He's Korean."
Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins

Berkut

• Blessed by Valmy
  • Getting ready to post on Languish
« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2019, 09:29:32 pm »

He was killed

So a slightly more plausible suicide than "shot himself in the back of the head three times."

I think the entire think stinks to high heavens, but the "broken bone" thing isn't much evidence either way. Those breaks happen 1/3 times with strangulation, and 1/4 times with hanging. That isn't very compelling evidence that he didn't hang himself.
“If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven’t been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

HisMajestyBOB

• Sugar Glider
  • OMG
« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2019, 11:27:23 pm »

He was killed

I think the entire think stinks to high heavens, but the "broken bone" thing isn't much evidence either way. Those breaks happen 1/3 times with strangulation, and 1/4 times with hanging. That isn't very compelling evidence that he didn't hang himself.

Fair enough. I don't generally buy into these sorts of conspiracy theories, but it does almost seem like at least someone(s) were paid to turn a blind eye and let him kill himself.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help.

"Women should stay home and make babies. Preferably man-child."
"He always talks like that. He's Korean."
Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins

Zoupa

• Byzanteen
  • Debout, les damnés de la Terre...
« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2019, 11:47:13 pm »
Don't underestimate general incompetence. People lazy out and screw around at work all the time.

katmai

• Global Moderator
  • Blessed by Valmy
  • Bully
« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2019, 12:39:42 am »
Don't underestimate general incompetence. People lazy out and screw around at work all the time.
How dare you talk about our president like that.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

dps

• Octogon Champion
  • aa's boobs
« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2019, 12:42:41 am »

He was killed

Fair enough. I don't generally buy into these sorts of conspiracy theories, but it does almost seem like at least someone(s) were paid to turn a blind eye and let him kill himself.

I have a suspicion that a lot of guards wouldn't have to be paid to turn a blind eye towards a prisoner trying to kill himself.

Benedict Arnold

• Sugar Glider
  • "All is Dust"
« Reply #130 on: August 16, 2019, 01:15:48 am »
I have a suspicion that a lot of guards wouldn't have to be paid to turn a blind eye towards a prisoner trying to kill himself.
Almost every CO I know and have encountered are very right wing.  Say it is for the good of Trump and The Party, and they'd assist in any way they could.
"Love to my country actuates my present conduct, however it may appear inconsistent to the world, who very seldom judge right of any man's actions."

"...this was a bitter tormented soul, a sinner who mocked both gods and men. He served but found no pride in service. He fought but took no joy in victory. He drank, to drown his pain in a sea of wine. He did not love, nor was he loved himself."

My conscience hath a thousand several tongues,
And every tongue brings in a several tale,
And every tale condemns me for a villain.
Richard III, 5. 3

Tamas

• Blessed by Valmy
  • we are not in Kansas anymore
« Reply #131 on: August 16, 2019, 02:00:54 am »

He was killed

For a regular prisoner, yeah I guess. But for an extremely high profile like this one, I am pretty sure bribery had to be made. I mean, it's one thing not to mind if somebody dies, it's another having to answer for it to your higher ups.

dps

• Octogon Champion
  • aa's boobs
« Reply #132 on: August 16, 2019, 07:58:05 am »

He was killed

For a regular prisoner, yeah I guess. But for an extremely high profile like this one, I am pretty sure bribery had to be made. I mean, it's one thing not to mind if somebody dies, it's another having to answer for it to your higher ups.

If he was jailed for investment fraud or some other type of white-collar crime, maybe.  But for a pedophile?

Malthus

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #133 on: August 16, 2019, 09:04:36 am »

If he was jailed for investment fraud or some other type of white-collar crime, maybe.  But for a pedophile?

The issue is the amount of heat they would have to take after the body was found.

The guards would have to have known that they would be raked over the coals by investigators if someone this high profile dies on their watch. The consequences for them personally are likely to be bad. So if it wasn't simply incompetence, they must have had a strong motive to take such a risk.

No doubt plenty of guards would not give a damn if a prisoner offs himself, particularly a wealthy pedophile. However, they do give a damn about themselves.   
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

• Neil
  • Champions du Monde
« Reply #134 on: August 16, 2019, 09:06:42 am »
Yeah but incompetence is the simplest explanation.
If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Valmy is practically french. :frog:

Honorary gay award from Martinus