Epstein booked for trafficking underaged girls

Started by jimmy olsen, July 08, 2019, 06:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: mongers on August 10, 2019, 04:51:49 PM
Why is this death being referred to as a suicide in much of the media, surely it's up to the relevant authorities to determine the cause of death?

The relevant authorities determined the cause of death well in advance.  :ph34r:
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Berkut

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 15, 2019, 07:20:49 PM
Autopsy shows multiple broken bones in Epstein's neck.

He was killed
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/15/jeffrey-epstein-had-broken-neck-bones.html

"NBC News medical expert Dr. John Torres said that a broken hyoid "can happen in both strangulation and hanging, but occurs in more often in strangulations."

Torres noted that studies have found that a broken hyoid occurs in about 1 out of every 3 strangulations, and in 25% of hangings."

Did you even read the article you posted?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

Maybe The Deep State is now working for Donnie.  :ph34r:

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Berkut on August 15, 2019, 08:32:13 PM

He was killed

"NBC News medical expert Dr. John Torres said that a broken hyoid "can happen in both strangulation and hanging, but occurs in more often in strangulations."

Torres noted that studies have found that a broken hyoid occurs in about 1 out of every 3 strangulations, and in 25% of hangings."

So a slightly more plausible suicide than "shot himself in the back of the head three times."
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Berkut

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on August 15, 2019, 09:23:29 PM

He was killed

So a slightly more plausible suicide than "shot himself in the back of the head three times."

I think the entire think stinks to high heavens, but the "broken bone" thing isn't much evidence either way. Those breaks happen 1/3 times with strangulation, and 1/4 times with hanging. That isn't very compelling evidence that he didn't hang himself.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Berkut on August 15, 2019, 09:29:32 PM

He was killed

I think the entire think stinks to high heavens, but the "broken bone" thing isn't much evidence either way. Those breaks happen 1/3 times with strangulation, and 1/4 times with hanging. That isn't very compelling evidence that he didn't hang himself.

Fair enough. I don't generally buy into these sorts of conspiracy theories, but it does almost seem like at least someone(s) were paid to turn a blind eye and let him kill himself.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Zoupa

Don't underestimate general incompetence. People lazy out and screw around at work all the time.

katmai

Quote from: Zoupa on August 15, 2019, 11:47:13 PM
Don't underestimate general incompetence. People lazy out and screw around at work all the time.
How dare you talk about our president like that.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

dps

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on August 15, 2019, 11:27:23 PM

He was killed

"NBC News medical expert Dr. John Torres said that a broken hyoid “can happen in both strangulation and hanging, but occurs in more often in strangulations.”

Fair enough. I don't generally buy into these sorts of conspiracy theories, but it does almost seem like at least someone(s) were paid to turn a blind eye and let him kill himself.

I have a suspicion that a lot of guards wouldn't have to be paid to turn a blind eye towards a prisoner trying to kill himself.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: dps on August 16, 2019, 12:42:41 AM
I have a suspicion that a lot of guards wouldn't have to be paid to turn a blind eye towards a prisoner trying to kill himself.
Almost every CO I know and have encountered are very right wing.  Say it is for the good of Trump and The Party, and they'd assist in any way they could.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Tamas

He was killed

For a regular prisoner, yeah I guess. But for an extremely high profile like this one, I am pretty sure bribery had to be made. I mean, it's one thing not to mind if somebody dies, it's another having to answer for it to your higher ups.

dps

Quote from: Tamas on August 16, 2019, 02:00:54 AM

He was killed

"NBC News medical expert Dr. John Torres said that a broken hyoid “can happen in both strangulation and hanging, but occurs in more often in strangulations.”

For a regular prisoner, yeah I guess. But for an extremely high profile like this one, I am pretty sure bribery had to be made. I mean, it's one thing not to mind if somebody dies, it's another having to answer for it to your higher ups.

If he was jailed for investment fraud or some other type of white-collar crime, maybe.  But for a pedophile?

Malthus

Quote from: dps on August 16, 2019, 07:58:05 AM

If he was jailed for investment fraud or some other type of white-collar crime, maybe.  But for a pedophile?

The issue is the amount of heat they would have to take after the body was found.

The guards would have to have known that they would be raked over the coals by investigators if someone this high profile dies on their watch. The consequences for them personally are likely to be bad. So if it wasn't simply incompetence, they must have had a strong motive to take such a risk.

No doubt plenty of guards would not give a damn if a prisoner offs himself, particularly a wealthy pedophile. However, they do give a damn about themselves.   
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Yeah but incompetence is the simplest explanation.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."