Epstein booked for trafficking underaged girls

Started by jimmy olsen, July 08, 2019, 06:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 09, 2019, 11:31:18 PM
Not a direct quote from him, but from people who knew him at the time

Jimmy I don't know who is being quoted in this "people who knew him" block quote but I know there is zero evidence of him having billionaire clients before Wexner.
But if you google Epstein's name with Steven Hoffenberg's you will see he was involved in deals in the 80s that were far less rarified than that.  He was holding himself out to be a glorified debt collector.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

jimmy olsen

Quote from: alfred russel on July 10, 2019, 08:38:03 AM
Why is Tim linking to twitter?

Been doing that for the last 2 or 3 years because that's where all the politicians and journalists are.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

And those journalists can post rumors their editors would never allow.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 10, 2019, 07:12:14 PM
And those journalists can post rumors their editors would never allow.

Makes it more interesting that way.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on July 09, 2019, 01:50:31 PM
Quote from: Malthus on July 09, 2019, 01:49:30 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 09, 2019, 01:43:50 PM
Really? Is child rape something you can just "fake news" away?

Well, you can't, but perhaps your President can.  ;)

There seems no limit to the tolerance of the Republicans, and large parts of the public, for presidential wrongdoing. What's one child rape more or less?

Trump himself did say he could shoot someone on New York's Fifth Avenue and his fans would still love him...

And yet, he's notably never tested that assertion.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

The Larch

Razgovory

Is this from that lawsuit that was thrown out.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on July 11, 2019, 07:50:28 AM
It wasn't thrown out.  The plaintiff withdrew after threats were made against her.

1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 11, 2019, 08:18:30 AM
It wasn't thrown out.  The plaintiff withdrew after threats were made against her.

I assume these threats were in the form of retarded tweets?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

alfred russel

Trump has an ironclad defense: he is too old and obese to have sex with anyone.

He would probably prefer to go down in flames than admit this, however.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Brain on July 11, 2019, 08:20:39 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 11, 2019, 08:18:30 AM

I assume these threats were in the form of retarded tweets?

Cohen was called Trump's fixer for a reason. Doubtlessly he called her a bunch, threatening to ruin her with lawsuits, maybe hired some goons to intimidate her, typical wannabe mafioso stuff.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Quote from: alfred russel on July 11, 2019, 09:01:25 AM
Trump has an ironclad defense: he is too old and obese to have sex with anyone.

He would probably prefer to go down in flames than admit this, however.

These allegations are from 15-20 years ago though.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on July 09, 2019, 01:43:50 PM
Really? Is child rape something you can just "fake news" away?

You're kidding, right? To his base, these aren't "children", and it's not rape. They're femme fatale teenaged "women" who got paid, so what's the big deal? Their lives were made better by being involved in all of this. After all, if it were that bad, why would some of the "women" turn into pimps for him once they got too old to be of use in his bedroom? Clearly it's not that big of a deal.

Sheesh, Valmy. You just don't understand these "women". They'll get you any chance they can.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...