News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Tour de France 2019

Started by Liep, July 06, 2019, 09:34:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: mongers on July 13, 2019, 06:17:20 PM
Stage 8 was a real classic bike race, definitely worth catching.

Yep, incredible riding from De Gendt. There's been a lot of good racing this year.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on July 14, 2019, 04:49:21 AM
Quote from: mongers on July 13, 2019, 06:17:20 PM
Stage 8 was a real classic bike race, definitely worth catching.

Yep, incredible riding from De Gendt. There's been a lot of good racing this year.

More proof of that, stage 10 expected to be a mundane one before the rest day, yet it blows up in the last 35 km and the top ten places are shook up; Pinot 3rd to 11th, Bennet from 4th to 27th, also R.Port loses amongst others.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Fuglsang :(

One of stages I thought would end in a bunch sprint so skipped it.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Great racing in La Course, heartbreaking to see Spratt getting overtaken on the final hill by Vos after a long solo ride. But the Dutchman was just too strong also beating the Danish hope Cecilie Uttrup Ludwig who gave a great post race interview: "She's riding so fucking fast, she's awesome."

mongers

Quote from: Liep on July 19, 2019, 05:52:11 AM
Great racing in La Course, heartbreaking to see Spratt getting overtaken on the final hill by Vos after a long solo ride. But the Dutchman was just too strong also beating the Danish hope Cecilie Uttrup Ludwig who gave a great post race interview: "She's riding so fucking fast, she's awesome."

:cool:

Nice race.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Very interesting stage 13 in the Pyrenees today.

The defending champion, Geraint Thomas faded on the final slopes of the Tormolay (sp) , losing 30 seconds to julian Alaphilippe, who despite the predictions managed the big climb with some comfort finishing in first three.

PDH

Thomas had his training interrupted.  When it came time to keep up the high effort he faltered.  Alaphilippe thought that he himself had used up too much in the time trial, but it looks like Thomas is running on a not full tank at the moment.  It could change, this thing is nowhere near done, but a puncheur should fade away, other big names have been close to (or have already been) cracking...will a Dutchman with this year?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on July 20, 2019, 05:42:30 PM
Thomas had his training interrupted.  When it came time to keep up the high effort he faltered.  Alaphilippe thought that he himself had used up too much in the time trial, but it looks like Thomas is running on a not full tank at the moment.  It could change, this thing is nowhere near done, but a puncheur should fade away, other big names have been close to (or have already been) cracking...will a Dutchman with this year?

Yes, it's been a fascinating race so far and nice to have an uncertain outcome with 'sky's dominance temporarily blunted.

Pity about Quintana, he now seems to be over the hill as a contender.

PDH

Quote from: mongers on July 20, 2019, 05:46:24 PM
Yes, it's been a fascinating race so far and nice to have an uncertain outcome with 'sky's dominance temporarily blunted.

Pity about Quintana, he now seems to be over the hill as a contender.

Well, throw out some extra steroids that Froome used for a few years and he might have won one Tour de France..
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Fascinating race with arguably still five or six men still in contention for podium places.   :cool:
Now the last three stages, all Alpine mountain ones will decide everything, possibly even the green jersey if Sagan can't get over them in good time due to the heat.

The only downer today was Luke Row and Tony Martin both being disqualified from the race for a minor dust up on today's GC friendly stage.

mongers

An epic stage today, well worth watching; won't spoil it by saying who won or did well.

Liep

Crazy stage, wonderful riding on the first HC mountain then iced over road on the descent stops the race. :S

Liep

Hail, flooded and then later a huge mudslide. Right call to stop the stage. :o

Malthus

I dunno, it would have been fun to see the racers confronted with that.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius