Author Topic: The State of Affairs in Russia  (Read 158407 times)

Liep

• Incan Torpedo Boat Commander
  • Russia is fake news
Re: The State of Affairs in Russia
« Reply #2430 on: July 28, 2019, 02:23:28 pm »
Navalny is apparently having an allergic reaction while in prison. I'm surprised he lasted this long.

He might survive whatever it is he's having an allergic reaction to, hopefully. If they arrest 1000+ in a peaceful protest for a Moscow city election then what will happen if Navalny dies from apparent poisoning.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

• Neil
« Reply #2431 on: July 28, 2019, 02:42:38 pm »
More arrests.
You know I'm going to lose
And gambling's for fools
But that's the way I like it
Baby, I don't want to live forever.

Duque de Bragança

• Can I Be: Ottoman Empire
« Reply #2432 on: July 28, 2019, 04:24:42 pm »
Navalny is apparently having an allergic reaction while in prison. I'm surprised he lasted this long.

He might survive whatever it is he's having an allergic reaction to, hopefully. If they arrest 1000+ in a peaceful protest for a Moscow city election then what will happen if Navalny dies from apparent poisoning.

Who knows, maybe it was just a particularly pointy umbrella.

KRonn

• Can I Be: Ottoman Empire
« Reply #2433 on: July 28, 2019, 05:38:47 pm »
USS Chancellorsville on the right, RFS Admiral Vinogradov on the left.

PHILIPPINE SEA (June 07, 2019) - At approximately 11:45 am on June 7, 2019 while operating in the Philippine Sea, a Russian destroyer (Udaloy I DD 572) made an unsafe maneuver against USS Chancellorsville (CG-62), closing to ~50-100 feet putting the safety of her crew and ship at risk.

While Chancellorsville was recovering its helicopter on a steady course and speed when the Russian ship DD572 maneuvered from behind and to the right of Chancellorsville accelerated and closed to an unsafe distance of ~50-100 feet.  This unsafe action forced Chancellorsville to execute all engines back full and to maneuver to avoid collision.

We consider Russia's actions during this interaction as unsafe and unprofessional and not in accordance with the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea (COLREGS), "Rules of the Road," and internationally recognized maritime customs.

This from the US Navy youtube channel with more footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5D5H0nlw54&feature=youtu.be
Damn, but that was close. I first saw a video taken from the US ship and was a bit shocked how close the ships were, and surprised they didn't collide.