News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Prime Minister BoJo It Is.

Started by mongers, June 13, 2019, 07:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

where's he from? he sounds... different.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 23, 2019, 02:53:43 PM
Most of his lines were delivered in a mocking tone like he was about to make a joke but there was no punch line - unless he is the punchline.

That sounds like one of those 90s Saturday Night Live sketches. No-Punch-Line Ned it would have been called.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

I think his stint as foreign secretary has exposed him as really not very good.

Maladict

Quote from: HVC on July 23, 2019, 02:57:20 PM

He is not of this world.

The Larch

Boris? Not really from anywhere in particular...he was born in New York while his father was studying there and spent his early childhood hopping between the UK and wherever his parents were studying or working (Oxford, London, Washington, Connetticutt, Brussels...), until he was 12, when he started attending fancy boarding schools, ending up in Eton and then in Oxford, living in London when he was not in school. So, his speech is basically posh nerd with a London twang, or something like that.  :P

mongers

Quote from: The Larch on July 23, 2019, 04:23:26 PM

Boris? Not really from anywhere in particular...he was born in New York while his father was studying there and spent his early childhood hopping between the UK and wherever his parents were studying or working (Oxford, London, Washington, Connetticutt, Brussels...), until he was 12, when he started attending fancy boarding schools, ending up in Eton and then in Oxford, living in London when he was not in school. So, his speech is basically posh nerd with a London twang upper-class twit, or something like that.  :P

FYP.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

He doesn't really have an upper class twit accent.  That's Rees-Mogg.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 23, 2019, 06:48:49 PM
He doesn't really have an upper class twit accent.  That's Rees-Mogg.

No Rees-Mogg is more a plummy variant, Johnson's is thoroughly upper class, his diction and cadence are well within the range of posh twits.  :bowler:

mongers

Incidentally I was in Westminster for the Blair-Brown baton handover, but I'm sure as hell don't going anywhere near the May-Johnson passing of the poison chalice; I should get very drunk instead.  :bowler:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on July 23, 2019, 07:14:48 PM
No Rees-Mogg is more a plummy variant, Johnson's is thoroughly upper class, his diction and cadence are well within the range of posh twits.  :bowler:

And I maintain that not all upper class accents qualify as upper class twit accents.

Josquius

Caught a video earlier of some interviewers asking his dad what he thought of things.
Papa Johnson could say little more than we survived the war  so he was confident we would pull through
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

It's like the US and the UK are in some sort of drunken dare contest.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on July 24, 2019, 12:01:02 AM
It's like the US and the UK are in some sort of drunken dare contest.

:yes:

Zanza

I think Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson definitely qualifies as upper class twat.

mongers

Quote from: Zanza on July 24, 2019, 08:20:17 AM
I think Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson definitely qualifies as upper class twat.

To be fair to him, his background shouldn't condemn him, after all the upper class Harold McMillan was a decent PM, no it's his behaviour in and out of office that's proven your judgement.