Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: garbon on July 23, 2019, 07:33:36 AM
The Trumps love him.

Oh indeed.

And welcome to the 51st state.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

I wish we weren't in the middle of the biggest crisis to face the country since the war. As PM BJ might have been funny.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: mongers on July 23, 2019, 07:37:56 AM
Quote from: garbon on July 23, 2019, 07:33:36 AM
The Trumps love him.

Oh indeed.

And welcome to the 51st state.  :(

If I could hope for Hungary staying in the EU on the long term, I could have been ok with that. :P

The Brain

The special relationship just got specialer. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Savonarola

Quote from: mongers on July 23, 2019, 07:32:38 AM

Ivanka Trump 
@IvankaTrump

Congratulations @BorisJohnson on becoming the next Prime Minister of the United Kingston.

:huh:

Funky United Kingston :smoke:

Matteo Salvini

@matteosalvinimi

Buon lavoro a #BorisJohnson.
Il fatto che da sinistra lo dipingano "più pericoloso della Lega" me lo rende ancor più simpatico😊
@BorisJohnson

"The fact that the left depicts him as 'More dangerous than the Lega' makes me like him even more."

Darwkwing Johnson - Let's get dangerous  :ph34r:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Monoriu

All hail Prime Minister Johnson. 

Syt

Do I understand correctly that less than 0.4% of voters got to pick the new PM?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on July 23, 2019, 10:51:15 AM
Do I understand correctly that less than 0.4% of voters got to pick the new PM?

Yes, that is how their parliamentary system works. The same coalition still forms the government, it just has a new leader.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Hey you don't know. PM Johnson might immediately call for an election.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tonitrus

I'm kinda looking forward to his first PMQ time...it should be a hoot.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 23, 2019, 02:36:50 PM
I'm kinda looking forward to his first PMQ time...it should be a hoot.

I heard parts of his acceptance speech.  It sounded like an improve comedian with bad timing.  Most of his lines were delivered in a mocking tone like he was about to make a joke but there was no punch line - unless he is the punchline.