News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Prime Minister BoJo It Is.

Started by mongers, June 13, 2019, 07:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Tamas on June 20, 2019, 07:41:17 AM
Will one of the coke-snorting journalist candidates be replaced with a foreign secretary who could not had bothered to learn whether his own wife is Chinese or Japanese? Stay tuned as these giants battle it out!

Phil 'The Terminator' Hammond will see to them.  :secret:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Threviel

Jeremy Hunt it is, who is he?

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Threviel on June 20, 2019, 01:35:52 PM

Nobody is really sure  :hmm:

Rumoured to be a competent safe pair of hands......but only be part of the Tory party.

PJL

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on June 20, 2019, 01:38:15 PM

Rumoured to be a competent safe pair of hands......but only be part of the Tory party.

Or Theresa May mark 2 - she too was considered a safe pair of hands.

Barrister

Quote from: PJL on June 20, 2019, 02:29:49 PM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on June 20, 2019, 01:38:15 PM

Or Theresa May mark 2 - she too was considered a safe pair of hands.

Or that trying to execute a "Brexit" when no one can agree on what that should look like, and is almost certainly at odds with what Brussels will allow, is an impossible mission.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Iormlund

She made the task much, much harder than it already was when she gave credit to the unicorn tales. But most importantly she should have never triggered Art. 50 without a clear mandate from Parliament.

Valmy

Quote from: Iormlund on June 20, 2019, 02:50:18 PM
She made the task much, much harder than it already was when she gave credit to the unicorn tales. But most importantly she should have never triggered Art. 50 without a clear mandate from Parliament.

Agreed. The goals of Brexit should have been discussed in Britain before they ever went to the EU.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

They were. Britain settled on omnishambles.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Part of me wonders whether it may not be a politically differently inclined neighbour trying to smear him.
But then Johnsons spokesman doesn't deny the version of events....
He really is going full trump.
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

QuoteJohnson left his wife, Marina Wheeler, last year and began a relationship with Symonds, who has been credited with revitalising his appearance and approach to politics. She was part of his team when he publicly launched his campaign for the Tory leadership earlier this month.

I kind of miss the days when this alone would end someone's career.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on June 21, 2019, 04:21:36 PM
QuoteJohnson left his wife, Marina Wheeler, last year and began a relationship with Symonds, who has been credited with revitalising his appearance and approach to politics. She was part of his team when he publicly launched his campaign for the Tory leadership earlier this month.

Why?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on June 21, 2019, 04:22:57 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 21, 2019, 04:21:36 PM

Why?

A 55 year old man leaving his wife in order to shack up with a 31 year old party worker?  You don't think that says something about his character?

But of course obviously no one else feels the same way.