News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Prime Minister BoJo It Is.

Started by mongers, June 13, 2019, 07:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: Zoupa on June 13, 2019, 07:57:55 PM
derspiess is just a troll guys. No need to feed it.

If he's just a troll, he has been remarkably consistent for over 15 years about the policy positions he supports.

Admiral Yi

If the definition of a troll is simply a person who mocks or satirizes others' positions, pretty much all of us are trolls.

dps

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 14, 2019, 10:25:40 PM
If the definition of a troll is simply a person who mocks or satirizes others' positions, pretty much all of us are trolls.

I thought a troll was someone who claims on-line to have beliefs (be they social, political, moral, or otherwise) that they don't actually hold simply to get a reaction from people who are offended by those beliefs.

Eddie Teach

They can actually hold those beliefs, but express them for the reaction.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: dps on June 14, 2019, 10:27:47 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 14, 2019, 10:25:40 PM

I thought a troll was someone who claims on-line to have beliefs (be they social, political, moral, or otherwise) that they don't actually hold simply to get a reaction from people who are offended by those beliefs.

Yes.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 14, 2019, 10:42:11 PM

Nah. If you don't want a reaction to your beliefs why express them at all?

Josquius

Back in the day I'd agree with the not actually holding the. Beliefs part. These days though the word has taken on a different meaning
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on June 15, 2019, 03:36:11 AM
Back in the day I'd agree with the not actually holding the. Beliefs part. These days though the word has taken on a different meaning

You're trolling, right?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on June 15, 2019, 01:36:00 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 14, 2019, 10:42:11 PM

Nah. If you don't want a reaction to your beliefs why express them at all?

Not just any reaction. One that gives you the lulz.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Tory MPs have just finished voting in the 2nd round ballot.

Result expected within the hour, one or more candidates will be eliminated.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Threviel

I've come under the illusion that a bloke named Rory is the only non-insane one. Comments?

Tamas

Quote from: Threviel on June 18, 2019, 11:22:47 AM
I've come under the illusion that a bloke named Rory is the only non-insane one. Comments?

non-insane as not directly campaigning with promises of utterly wrecking the country. But in normal times he'd be considered a harmless head-in-the-clouds idiot and never let close to power.

Still would be my choice from this lot, though.

alfred russel

Quote from: Threviel on June 18, 2019, 11:22:47 AM

In an insane world, it is the non-insane that are the truly insane.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Tonitrus

From all I've seen, Rory is my favorite...but as a big proponent of May's deal (for lack of a better option), I cannot see he has a chance.  I have little doubt he is intelligent enough to see that too, and I get the impression he is not really running for this round, but more towards getting his name out for the future.

Tonitrus

Only one knocked out (Raab).

BJ up a little.  Hunt still in 2nd, others move up a little bit.  Rory had probably the biggest move, relatively, doubling his count.