Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 18, 2019, 12:12:27 PM
Only one knocked out (Raab).

And the other 4 all within a dozen or so votes of each other.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

alfred russel

It is great to see democracy in action.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Tonitrus

Quote from: mongers on June 18, 2019, 12:15:13 PM

BJ still has less than half the total votes...so cannot really say he is breaking away (if one presumes that most of all the non-BJ votes have a "anyone but him" mindset).

Maladict

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 18, 2019, 11:59:54 AM
From all I've seen, Rory is my favorite...but as a big proponent of May's deal (for lack of a better option), I cannot see he has a chance.  I have little doubt he is intelligent enough to see that too, and I get the impression he is not really running for this round, but more towards getting his name out for the future.

That would be the smart thing to do. The next PM will at best get to deliver Brexit and then be removed from power because nobody likes the result (whatever it is).

Tamas

Good riddance, if there ever was one.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 18, 2019, 12:20:43 PM

BJ still has less than half the total votes...so cannot really say he is breaking away (if one presumes that most of all the non-BJ votes have a "anyone but him" mindset).

Notice how his votes have barely risen..........another scandal and he could easily get edged out; it has happened to tory front-runners before. Then you could get Rory stewart vs brexiter but safe pair of hands (relatively).

Barrister

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on June 18, 2019, 02:26:56 PM

Notice how his votes have barely risen..........another scandal and he could easily get edged out; it has happened to tory front-runners before. Then you could get Rory stewart vs brexiter but safe pair of hands (relatively).

How many more scandals would he need?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Duque de Bragança

Tonitrus

Zoupa

Tonitrus

mongers

So that's the way 'we're' choosing our next prime minister whilst in a period of national crisis.  :hmm:

I think I'd prefer smoke-filled rooms instead.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

Josquius

BJ does seem quite inevitable.
Less than half the total votes doesn't mean anything, the onl

Less than half the total votes doesn't matter. The number that matters is having more than a third of the total votes. BJ just has to get to the final round when it's thrown to the wider membership, who are something like 97% rich angry old white guys who think it's been all down hill since Victoria died.
The only way to stop him winning is for him to place third in the second round.
██████
██████
██████