News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Prime Minister BoJo It Is.

Started by mongers, June 13, 2019, 07:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Seen elsewhere:

QuoteBoris became PM with 92k votes. Boaty McBoatface got 124k and was overruled for being a bloody stupid idea....

:lol:
██████
██████
██████

Maladict

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on July 25, 2019, 05:34:59 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on July 25, 2019, 05:19:28 PM
Learned something, I thought it meant you all.  As in all of the people being referred to.  How does one interpret the subset of y'all when a group is being referred to?

"Y'all" is singular.  "All Y'all" is plural.

Thank you for the explanation.

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 26, 2019, 08:03:04 AM
Quote from: grumbler on July 25, 2019, 05:34:59 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on July 25, 2019, 05:19:28 PM
Learned something, I thought it meant you all.  As in all of the people being referred to.  How does one interpret the subset of y'all when a group is being referred to?

"Y'all" is singular.  "All Y'all" is plural.

Thank you for the explanation.

That's actually a redneck joke.  I think they use "y'all" and "all y'all" interchangeably.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

Where I came from, "y'all" was exclusively plural.  Actually, in my part of West Virginia "yewall" was more commonly used.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Yeah I have never heard y'all used as a singular. Where I come from that is 'ya'. Granted some parts of the south are a bit more in love with "y'all" then others.

We just cannot seem to keep the topic on BoJo. Clearly he is no Trump.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zanza

Rules given by the new Leader of the House to his staff.  :bowler:

At least they seem to have their priorities right and address the pressing issues of the day.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Quote from: The Brain on July 26, 2019, 02:51:48 PM
No more "I love you's".

No longer fit for purpose. What a disappointment.  :cry:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

alfred russel

The country is facing incredible challenges and he is worried about titles, etiquette, and grammar?

I am pleased to learn that the old British spirit is back!!!  :bowler:

Oh wait.  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Tonitrus

The Minsky Moment

Dear Mr. Johnson:

Due to the ongoing Brexit crisis, I ascertain Ms. Theresa May, M.P., Esq. was deemed no longer fit for purpose. I am pleased to learn that you yourself have taken on the job. Although one can only speculate what is to come, surely you will be equal to the task. As it happens my office is only a few hundred meters from 10 Downing Street. Hopefully, I can meet with you soon and, discuss plans to invest in the NHS. I note your concerns about costs but know you agree the NHS are so critical to Britain, so a refusal would cause great disappointment.

P.S. I I I I I
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Malthus

Admittedly, "I note/understand your concerns" is annoying.  :D

"I realize you made some noises with your mouth, or squiggles on paper, representing your completely worthless point of view; that realization will not stop me for a nanosecond from politely ignoring them, much as I would politely ignore a loud fart in company."
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Duque de Bragança

So the metric system is not yet banned, only imperial is preferred.  :hmm: For now!  :P