Author Topic: Prime Minister BoJo It Is.  (Read 17989 times)

Tyr

• Blessed by Valmy
  • In the end we will win
Re: Prime Minister BoJo It Is.
« Reply #315 on: July 26, 2019, 04:43:15 am »
Seen elsewhere:

Boris became PM with 92k votes. Boaty McBoatface got 124k and was overruled for being a bloody stupid idea....

:lol:
██████
██████
██████

Maladict

• Furry
« Reply #316 on: July 26, 2019, 04:53:13 am »
 :D

crazy canuck

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #317 on: July 26, 2019, 08:03:04 am »
Learned something, I thought it meant you all.  As in all of the people being referred to.  How does one interpret the subset of y’all when a group is being referred to?

"Y'all" is singular.  "All Y'all" is plural.

Thank you for the explanation.

grumbler

• Blessed by Valmy
  • I'll sleep when I'm dead
« Reply #318 on: July 26, 2019, 12:02:14 pm »
Learned something, I thought it meant you all.  As in all of the people being referred to.  How does one interpret the subset of y’all when a group is being referred to?

"Y'all" is singular.  "All Y'all" is plural.

Thank you for the explanation.

That's actually a redneck joke.  I think they use "y'all" and "all y'all" interchangeably.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

derspiess

• Blessed by Valmy
  • beer fixes everything
« Reply #319 on: July 26, 2019, 01:39:17 pm »
Where I came from, "y'all" was exclusively plural.  Actually, in my part of West Virginia "yewall" was more commonly used.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

• Neil
  • Champions du Monde
« Reply #320 on: July 26, 2019, 01:48:53 pm »
Yeah I have never heard y'all used as a singular. Where I come from that is 'ya'. Granted some parts of the south are a bit more in love with "y'all" then others.

We just cannot seem to keep the topic on BoJo. Clearly he is no Trump.
If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Valmy is practically french. :frog:

Honorary gay award from Martinus

Zanza

• Incan Torpedo Boat Commander
« Reply #321 on: July 26, 2019, 02:42:11 pm »
Rules given by the new Leader of the House to his staff.  :bowler:

At least they seem to have their priorities right and address the pressing issues of the day.

derspiess

• Blessed by Valmy
  • beer fixes everything
« Reply #322 on: July 26, 2019, 02:46:38 pm »
:wub:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

• Blessed by Valmy
  • All man
« Reply #323 on: July 26, 2019, 02:51:48 pm »
No more "I love you's".
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #324 on: July 26, 2019, 03:00:58 pm »
No more "I love you's".

No longer fit for purpose. What a disappointment.  :cry:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

alfred russel

• Octogon Champion
« Reply #325 on: July 26, 2019, 03:06:53 pm »
The country is facing incredible challenges and he is worried about titles, etiquette, and grammar?

I am pleased to learn that the old British spirit is back!!!  :bowler:

Oh wait.  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Tonitrus

• Octogon Champion
  • Blah
« Reply #326 on: July 26, 2019, 03:20:59 pm »
All hail the double space.  :)

The Minsky Moment

• Octogon Champion
  • Requiem for a Scheme
« Reply #327 on: July 26, 2019, 03:29:59 pm »
Dear Mr. Johnson:

Due to the ongoing Brexit crisis, I ascertain Ms. Theresa May, M.P., Esq. was deemed no longer fit for purpose. I am pleased to learn that you yourself have taken on the job. Although one can only speculate what is to come, surely you will be equal to the task. As it happens my office is only a few hundred meters from 10 Downing Street. Hopefully, I can meet with you soon and, discuss plans to invest in the NHS. I note your concerns about costs but know you agree the NHS are so critical to Britain, so a refusal would cause great disappointment.

P.S. I I I I I
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Malthus

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #328 on: July 26, 2019, 04:54:57 pm »
Admittedly, "I note/understand your concerns" is annoying.  :D

"I realize you made some noises with your mouth, or squiggles on paper, representing your completely worthless point of view; that realization will not stop me for a nanosecond from politely ignoring them, much as I would politely ignore a loud fart in company."
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Duque de Bragança

• Can I Be: Ottoman Empire
« Reply #329 on: July 26, 2019, 05:07:11 pm »
So the metric system is not yet banned, only imperial is preferred.  :hmm: For now!  :P