News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Hong Kong Crisis

Started by mongers, June 12, 2019, 06:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ancient Demon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 25, 2019, 05:42:43 PM
HK gov has denied permission for a protest this weekend.

I guess that solves everything then.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2019/aug/05/hong-kong-protest-brings-city-to-standstill-ahead-of-carrie-lam-statement-live

QuoteFights have broken out between protesters and men armed with long sticks in North Point, just west of Causeway Bay.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Same link as Garbon's, but latest news seems to be car rammings.
More and more terrorism :(
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zoupa

She lost the eye.

Law and order ftw.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Minsky Moment

Meanwhile our President sides with Beijing and against the American flag-waving protestors.  Disgusting.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

viper37

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 13, 2019, 12:38:22 PM
Meanwhile our President sides with Beijing and against the American flag-waving protestors.  Disgusting.
Disgusting, but expected, nonetheless. :(
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

But he's responsible for the protests! :tinfoil: WTF?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

How could he turn down a golden trolling opportunity.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tonitrus

We also recently had a nice minor spate of western corporations taking sides on geopolitical issues in the name of sales.  Always a bad sign.

https://edition.cnn.com/style/article/coach-givenchy-versace-t-shirt-controversy/index.html

Zoupa

Jesus Christ. Companies are so terrified that one fucking nickel could roll out the door... Pussies.

Josquius

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 13, 2019, 04:52:46 PM

We also recently had a nice minor spate of western corporations taking sides on geopolitical issues in the name of sales.  Always a bad sign.

https://edition.cnn.com/style/article/coach-givenchy-versace-t-shirt-controversy/index.html

I am more concerned that they mark London as simply being England.
██████
██████
██████