News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Hong Kong Crisis

Started by mongers, June 12, 2019, 06:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 02, 2019, 08:25:03 PM
Hong Kong is not a democracy.

So you'd settle for 'The Hong Kong Crisis'?

Also, news on the wires that 'China'/the HK police have begun arresting identified protesters from the recent protest.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

I'll go out on a limb here and say Chinese PLA troops will be deployed onto the Hong Kong streets within the next few days following this 'provocation':

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-49066982

QuoteHong Kong protests: Armed mob storms Yuen Long station
21 July 2019 

A mob of masked men armed with batons stormed a train station in the Hong Kong district of Yuen Long on Sunday.

Footage posted on social media showed the men, all in white T-shirts, violently attacking people on platforms and inside train carriages.

At least 36 people were injured in the violence, local media report.

The mob attack followed the latest pro-democracy rally in the centre of Hong Kong, where riot police had fired tear gas and rubber bullets at protesters.

It is unclear who the mob were or what the motives for the attack were.

mongers

Josquius

The question is whether the triads are doing it themselves or the government is paying them
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on July 22, 2019, 02:31:13 AM
The question is whether the triads are doing it themselves or the government is paying them

I think the suggestion is the Chinese authorities asked them to do this favour.
Apparently in Mainland China they're sometimes used to attack demonstrators/partitioners who are standing up to local corruption etc.

Syt

So, how long until mono mysteriously stops posting on this forum? :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on July 22, 2019, 07:52:34 AM
So, how long until mono mysteriously stops posting on this forum? :unsure:
He'll be fine, he's on the right side of present.

Valmy

And he doesn't really post about it on this forum anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Solmyr

But how long until Languish is banned in China? I mean, I already cannot access it without VPN when I'm in Russia.

Valmy

Quote from: Solmyr on July 22, 2019, 12:37:24 PM
But how long until Languish is banned in China? I mean, I already cannot access it without VPN when I'm in Russia.

Damn. Banned in Russia. I guess we made too many jokes about Dubya seeing Putin's soul.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

That may be the board's host blocking Russian IPs.  At my company we block incoming traffic from Russia.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on July 22, 2019, 06:08:48 PM
That may be the board's host blocking Russian IPs.  At my company we block incoming traffic from Russia.
Didn't we block Russian IPs because of all the bots?

Admiral Yi

HK gov has denied permission for a protest this weekend.