News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Motorhoming in France

Started by Threviel, February 03, 2019, 03:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Thanks for the travel journal, Threviel. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Syt on June 29, 2019, 05:54:21 AM
Thanks for the travel journal, Threviel. :)

Can you imagine a version with several Languishites touring in an RV, call it 'Five go mad in Dalmatia'   :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Threviel

I'm trying to do a nice final write-up, but not being Savonarola I'm having difficulties.

Some notes:

Biggest surprise: How utterly friendly and helpful the French have been. For example, a few times in supermarkets I have looked lost and people have walked up to me and tried to help. They actually noticed that I looked lost and despite the language tried to help.

Best experience: Rouffignac and Fon-de-Gaume, to actually see and appreciate rock art changed my views a little bit. It really is good art irrespective of age.

Most expected: People actually walked around with baguettes a lot.

Most overrated: Difficult, but provably Saint Malo or Mont st Michel.

Most fun: Definitely Disneyland.

Most moving: Walking in the trenches in Verdun. Damn what a horrible place that must have been.

Worst: The only not exactly positive experience was the Mediterranean coast, felt touristy and unfriendly. Also when Gustav split his forehead, he's good now, but there'll be a not very nice scar.

Also Germans are worthless drivers, fucking idiots should go to driving course in France.

I have gone from a francophobe to something of a francophone, it is a nice country filled with nice people, just a shame that their leaders have been such useless wankers.