Languish votes on the Spanish General Election (take 2)

Started by celedhring, April 10, 2019, 10:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you vote for?

5 (14.3%)
3 (8.6%)
3 (8.6%)
3 (8.6%)
0 (0%)
1 (2.9%)
0 (0%)
1 (2.9%)
4 (11.4%)
0 (0%)
2 (5.7%)
1 (2.9%)
10 (28.6%)
2 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 35

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on April 18, 2019, 04:59:41 PM
How good of a chance does Motivational Applewhite have?

None, bar massive upset.

He was leading the polls one year ago, and everybody felt it was a given that he'd win the next election. But he's had a rather torrid year. Corrupt Businessman outplayed him with the motion of non-confidence, and since then the conservatives have been able to rebuild and capitalize the opposition vote. Polls now have him at a distant 3rd place.

He's also, imho, ran a very poor campaign.

Admiral Yi

Has the Ralph Lauren gigolo said he wants to reconquer Latin America?

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 18, 2019, 06:05:03 PM

Nah, just Gibraltar.

Their international platform is mostly dominated by euroskepticism rather than the usual Spanish Nationalism cliches - this is where they show their bannonite/putinite sockpuppetry, if you ask me. They align themselves with the Visegrad lot (explicitly). Heck, they consider Hungary an example to follow and have very close connections with that piss party in Poland.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on April 19, 2019, 01:53:33 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 18, 2019, 06:05:03 PM

Nah, just Gibraltar.

Their international platform is mostly dominated by euroskepticism rather than the usual Spanish Nationalism cliches - this is where they show their bannonite/putinite sockpuppetry, if you ask me. They align themselves with the Visegrad lot (explicitly). Heck, they consider Hungary an example to follow and have very close connections with that piss party in Poland.

Piss party in Poland is very much anti-Putin though.

Richard Hakluyt

Its like opening a box of chocolates and finding that someone has scoffed all your favourites.

Voted for the animal rights woman for the usual reasons but also because the dudes are either unpleasant or deeply underwhelming  :P

celedhring

Yeah, the lack of female candidates is still something we have to improve on. We have had several female candidates narrowly losing the primaries for both of Spain's major parties (PSOE and PP), but none has managed to win it yet. Actually, a woman (the former VP) won the conservative primary, but she only got a plurality of delegates and the Gameshow Host defeated her in the convention after getting the support of her rivals.

celedhring

The campaign has caught GoT fever!  :lol:

The conservatives are also running a "Spain is one kingdom not seven" ad  :lol:

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

celedhring

Looks like Major Applewhite (who doesn't look like Major Applewhite), was happy with his debate performance yesterday.

Valmy

He looks much less ginger without the red lighting.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on April 24, 2019, 09:16:52 AM
Looks like Major Applewhite (who doesn't look like Major Applewhite), was happy with his debate performance yesterday.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Syt

It's from one of the Mission Impossible movies, I think
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

They asked him to do reshoots for Justice League, but he was contractually obligated to keep that moustache for Mission Impossible.

So this happened:

celedhring

Today's the day! Turnout so far is massive, might end up being the highest in our democratic history.

Will be eating my nails in a corner, curled in fetal position.