And we're back!

Main Menu

Sell the North to pay for the South

Started by viper37, February 19, 2019, 02:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

It is amusing and I think it's deserving of its own thread :D
Sell Montana to Canada for 1 trillion$
QuoteMontana should be sold to Canada to help pay off some of the U.S.'s national debt, according to a petition on Change.org.
Ian Hammond, the petition creator, wants to sell The Treasure State to the nation's neighbor to the north for $1 trillion.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

You should stop reading websites that check change.org for stuff to talk about.

I like the idea.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 19, 2019, 02:59:12 PM
You should stop reading websites that check change.org for stuff to talk about.
why?  Can't I laugh just a little during a day?  :D

Besides, it's Microsoft's fault if their stupid browser points there by default  :ph34r: :P

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Total Canadian national debt is only $690 billion dollars.  Personally I'd be more than opposed to more than doubling it. 

Even though Montanans would be more likely to vote Conservative, I still don't think it'd be worth it.

Plus you know, yadda yadda self-determination.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

I am pretty sure it is unconstitutional to sell a State to another country.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

Quote from: Valmy on February 19, 2019, 03:07:03 PM

I could probably cook up a defense of it. It'd just have to be couched as a treaty. The State of Montana would still exist, but it'd now be located in Wyoming.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on February 19, 2019, 03:02:02 PM
Total Canadian national debt is only $690 billion dollars.  Personally I'd be more than opposed to more than doubling it. 

Even though Montanans would be more likely to vote Conservative, I still don't think it'd be worth it.

Oh, we're not paying for it, the USA is via tariffs on the Montana crossing pipelines.

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on February 19, 2019, 03:07:03 PM
It probably is to bypass Congress, divert funds, and build a wall that was expressesly refused by Congress to begin with.
Nevertheless...

:P

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 19, 2019, 03:31:16 PM
Quote from: Barrister on February 19, 2019, 03:02:02 PM

Oh, we're not paying for it, the USA is via tariffs on the Montana crossing pipelines.

:showoff: :hug:

Eddie Teach

Make it 22 trillion and you've got a deal. Even throw in North Dakota.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

As long as we hold on to Wyoming, so we can continue to pull the strings of international finance.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 19, 2019, 05:15:32 PM
Make it 22 trillion and you've got a deal. Even throw in North Dakota.
I'll pass your offer to Justin.  He says debt is good and we shouldn't worry about it.
As soon as he's done with his SNC mess, he'll call you.

Monoriu

I don't think the Russians nowadays are terribly happy with the decision to sell Alaska. 

viper37

Quote from: Monoriu on February 19, 2019, 07:39:11 PM
I don't think the Russians nowadays are terribly happy with the decision to sell Alaska. 
Donald could sell it back to pay for the wall.