News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2019 thread

Started by mongers, February 18, 2019, 08:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

saskganesh

nails grow back.  :bowler:

Marshaled a 5 K race this weekend for teen suicide prevention. All these little kids running, so cool. (5K is yuge for those little legs.) And I got a free toque.

Ran tonite, after work, after a nap. Was good.
humans were created in their own image

mongers

Quote from: saskganesh on November 25, 2019, 09:16:51 PM
nails grow back.  :bowler:

Marshaled a 5 K race this weekend for teen suicide prevention. All these little kids running, so cool. (5K is yuge for those little legs.) And I got a free toque.

Ran tonite, after work, after a nap. Was good.

:cool:

In contrast I did about 2.6miles of 'power walking' tonight on various errands about town.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

merithyn

I ran a 5k turkey trot this morning. Just got my official time: 37:01. Ranked 43 out of 63 for my age division, and since two weeks from tomorrow I'd age into the next division, I can guess that I was the eldest in my division. I'll take it!

:w00t:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on November 28, 2019, 12:58:55 PM
I ran a 5k turkey trot this morning. Just got my official time: 37:01. Ranked 43 out of 63 for my age division, and since two weeks from tomorrow I'd age into the next division, I can guess that I was the eldest in my division. I'll take it!

:w00t:

:thumbsup: Awesome!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Hamilcar

Quote from: 11B4V on November 17, 2019, 05:11:53 PM
Quote from: Hamilcar on October 25, 2019, 06:29:47 PM
Well, according to my doctor, my pain tolerance is too high. I walked around with a broken thumb for a weekend, putting Voltarene on it because "it wasn't so bad".

Yea, broken is different than sprained. Ya kind of need that digit in jujitsu. Last week after class we were around and ended up rolling my left big toe on the mat. All I heard was crunch crunch. Was a big split going across the top of the nail. It was deep too, but kind of interesting looking.

I never understood why an opposable thumb was such a big deal, until I couldn't use one of my two thumbs.

Hamilcar

Quote from: 11B4V on November 17, 2019, 05:19:11 PM
Here, I'll gross you all out.

Probably looks worse than it felt? Still, someone had to mop up all the blood.

11B4V

Quote from: Hamilcar on November 29, 2019, 06:07:33 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on November 17, 2019, 05:11:53 PM
Quote from: Hamilcar on October 25, 2019, 06:29:47 PM
Well, according to my doctor, my pain tolerance is too high. I walked around with a broken thumb for a weekend, putting Voltarene on it because "it wasn't so bad".

Yea, broken is different than sprained. Ya kind of need that digit in jujitsu. Last week after class we were around and ended up rolling my left big toe on the mat. All I heard was crunch crunch. Was a big split going across the top of the nail. It was deep too, but kind of interesting looking.

I never understood why an opposable thumb was such a big deal, until I couldn't use one of my two thumbs.

:lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Hamilcar

Good class today, but I still stay away from sparring. Working on core strength instead.

saskganesh

coffee before snow (?) run.

saskganesh

Six miles in snow and freezing rain. It's sneezy out. Only two other runners seen. Snow gave good traction in the valley, where there was wind cover. Best run in weeks.

merithyn

End of year accounting!

I can't find a start of year post, so it must have been during one of my Languish breaks. Anywho, this is my 2019 by the numbers:

Jan 1 2019
Weight: 185 lbs.
BMI: 32.8 (Obese)
Chest: 42"
Waist: 39"
Hips: 42"
Thighs: 24"

Dec 31 2019 (or therabouts)
Weight: 153 lbs. -32 lbs
BMI: 27.1  (Overweight) -5.7
Chest: 40"  -2"
Waist: 34"   -5"
Hips: 38"     -4"
Thighs: 22"  -2"

I can now run a 5k without stopping and walk 20 miles in a day with minimal pain. Not bad for an old lady. :)

mongers

Quote from: merithyn on January 06, 2020, 11:04:04 AM
End of year accounting!

I can't find a start of year post, so it must have been during one of my Languish breaks. Anywho, this is my 2019 by the numbers:

I can now run a 5k without stopping and walk 20 miles in a day with minimal pain. Not bad for an old lady. :)

:cool:

More than I can do for sure, sister.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

She is in good shape.  When she was here we went for a shortish hike with one steep hill.  At the top I was panting like a dog - she was perfectly fine.

merithyn

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 06, 2020, 11:40:44 AM
She is in good shape.  When she was here we went for a shortish hike with one steep hill.  At the top I was panting like a dog - she was perfectly fine.

No offense, cc, but you do have a lung condition. ;)

I'm doing okay, though. On my trip, I regularly took the stairs instead of an elevator (until I got sick), and I managed to climb two mountains. So, you know, not bad. :D