News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2019 thread

Started by mongers, February 18, 2019, 08:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

So, fitness goals and accomplishments for 2019 (so far):

* Lost all accumulated weight from dating sedentary guy (above and beyond his 180 pounds ;) )
             - Down 20 pounds from December 2018
             - Another 30 pounds to go (hopefully before December 2019)
* Back to walking 35-50 miles a week
* Calories are very low right now, but I've figured out through trial and error how many net calories I need to maintain weight going forward. so once I'm at goal weight, I should be good so long as I'm careful
* No longer "obese" by the BMI scale - just overweight
* Waist-to-hip ratio still sucks (and in fact, is worse because I've lost a lot of the extra padding on my hips/bottom)

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

mongers

Quote from: merithyn on June 27, 2019, 05:18:29 PM

* Lost all accumulated weight from dating sedentary guy (above and beyond his 180 pounds ;) )
* Calories are very low right now, but I've figured out through trial and error how many net calories I need to maintain weight going forward. so once I'm at goal weight, I should be good so long as I'm careful
* Waist-to-hip ratio still sucks (and in fact, is worse because I've lost a lot of the extra padding on my hips/bottom)

:cool:

Keep up the good work Meri.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on May 22, 2019, 07:42:52 AM
Rescued from the 3rd or 4th page. :whistle:

You haven't given an update since March.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 27, 2019, 11:19:06 PM
Quote from: mongers on May 22, 2019, 07:42:52 AM
Rescued from the 3rd or 4th page. :whistle:

You haven't given an update since March.

Because I'm not doing much, for me it's a case of managed decline.  :P

crazy canuck

I am in a comfortable groove with my workouts now.  I bench 225 twice a week and in one of those days also add in a static lift set of 405.  One day is devoted to dead lifts and RDLs.  The other days I do a range of strength and flexibility exercises.  Most days I finish off with a few sets of ropes.

Friday is my rest day :)

crazy canuck

Quote from: merithyn on June 27, 2019, 05:18:29 PM

The BMI scale is pretty bad.  According to it I have always been obese - even when I was playing ball. It doesn't take muscle mass into account.

Legbiter

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 28, 2019, 08:24:26 AM
I am in a comfortable groove with my workouts now.  I bench 225 twice a week and in one of those days also add in a static lift set of 405.  One day is devoted to dead lifts and RDLs.  The other days I do a range of strength and flexibility exercises.  Most days I finish off with a few sets of ropes.

Friday is my rest day :)

:thumbsup:

We have enough lifters here now with celed to have a Languish powerlifting meet.

Off to lift something heavy.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

mongers

A rare day today, this evening I cycled twice as far as the tour de france stage, usually this only happens 2 / 3 times a tour, that is on one of the time trials and the two rest days.  :D

saskganesh

Ran 25K for the first time since early winter. It took me 2 1/2 hrs, with water breaks and traffic lights. Felt good. If I could only make 30....

Now have beer and a cavernous stomach.
humans were created in their own image

merithyn

Quote from: saskganesh on July 13, 2019, 07:59:42 PM
Ran 25K for the first time since early winter. It took me 2 1/2 hrs, with water breaks and traffic lights. Felt good. If I could only make 30....

Are you looking to do a marathon, Sask?

I'm thinking that starting in December, I'm going to try to do a 5k a month, and finish the year with a half-marathon. That'll give me just over 50 miles run in competitions in my 50th year. :D

Razgovory

I think I have diabetes.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

saskganesh

Quote from: merithyn on July 13, 2019, 08:11:54 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on July 13, 2019, 07:59:42 PM

Are you looking to do a marathon, Sask?

I'm thinking that starting in December, I'm going to try to do a 5k a month, and finish the year with a half-marathon. That'll give me just over 50 miles run in competitions in my 50th year. :D

Yes. But 42 K is a long way to run. Eventually. Once.

Go for the half! It's a good distance.

saskganesh

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on July 13, 2019, 08:47:26 PM
I think I have diabetes.

:(

Raz, is that a medical opinion, a concern or just a fear?

merithyn