News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Motorhoming in France

Started by Threviel, February 03, 2019, 03:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Threviel

We try to not spend too mich time looking for food items, so a supermarket when we move from one place to another is our solution.

And just to prove me wrong a small little shop here in Rocamadour had some excellent walnut bread, in addition to baguettes.

Today we'll stroll around here and look at Durandal. I've somehow gotten the impression that Rocamadour would be an excellent start position for doing st James way, the camino or whatever it's called.

Threviel

The specialty here seems to be Foie Gras. I'm avoiding that because I've heard that it's made by pushing a pipe down the throat of the birds and force feeding them until they by an enlarged liver.

Am I right? It would be nice to try it.

Tamas

Quote from: Threviel on June 11, 2019, 02:40:51 AM
The specialty here seems to be Foie Gras. I'm avoiding that because I've heard that it's made by pushing a pipe down the throat of the birds and force feeding them until they by an enlarged liver.

Yes.

garbon

Apparently production is banned in all the blue countries/states.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Threviel on June 11, 2019, 02:40:51 AM

I don't like it, but it's merely a taste thing.

Threviel

So. I went into a store and the nice lady there claimed that she reared the ducks herself and she also prepared the cans. She was nice and I had had a little wine so I bought a few cans. According to the lady the ducks quite enjoy the pipe.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on June 11, 2019, 05:03:27 AM
Apparently production is banned in all the blue countries/states.

What does the red mean?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Top 5 producer is my guess.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 11, 2019, 08:25:13 AM
Top 5 producer is my guess.

We have a winner here!

QuoteMain countries and regions producing Foie Gras
[54][55][56]

Valmy

China just has to be in the top 5 of producing anything.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Interesting that California has a ban while New York is a major producer.

Threviel

We've had some tech problems, the gps in my wife's iPhone seems to have stopped working. Previously she drove using her gos and I aided with mine, trying to avoid any stupid mistakes. Now she uses my phone and we fall for the not perfect choices Google map makes, like trying to go through the center of old towns with an 8 m long motorhome. In Albi it wanted to go over the 1000 year old bridge and through the cathedral square instead of going around on the big way around. Sometimes it's quite exciting.

So. We went from Lascaux to Rocamadour and then to Albi. The cathedral and bishops palace in Albi was very interesting. They both looked like fortresses and were quite clear a big fuck you to the cathars. The church was very nice on the inside despite its intimidating exterior. The old bishops palace houses a museum with a huge collection of Toulouse-Lautrecs art which my wife enjoyed immensely. Unfortunately the motorhome area closed and we had to move, so now we're in Carcassonne. It's raining, but we can at least see the walls from inside the car.

We are at the the farthest point, next time we move it will be towards home.

mongers

Quote from: Threviel on June 14, 2019, 03:51:28 AM
We've had some tech problems, the gps in my wife's iPhone seems to have stopped working. Previously she drove using her gos and I aided with mine, trying to avoid any stupid mistakes. Now she uses my phone and we fall for the not perfect choices Google map makes, like trying to go through the center of old towns with an 8 m long motorhome. In Albi it wanted to go over the 1000 year old bridge and through the cathedral square instead of going around on the big way around. Sometimes it's quite exciting.

So. We went from Lascaux to Rocamadour and then to Albi. The cathedral and bishops palace in Albi was very interesting. They both looked like fortresses and were quite clear a big fuck you to the cathars. The church was very nice on the inside despite its intimidating exterior. The old bishops palace houses a museum with a huge collection of Toulouse-Lautrecs art which my wife enjoyed immensely. Unfortunately the motorhome area closed and we had to move, so now we're in Carcassonne. It's raining, but we can at least see the walls from inside the car.

We are at the the farthest point, next time we move it will be towards home.

Love the details, this is quite an adventure, thanks Threviel.

We need an American to do a semi-epic road trip across the US, posting in a new thread as they go along, it would make a nice companion to yours.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"