Author Topic: Gays are abnormal, Anne Frank in diary shocker  (Read 837 times)

garbon

• Neil
  • let's play bullets and bracelets
Re: Gays are abnormal, Anne Frank in diary shocker
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2018, 03:16:13 am »
It's like he's really here!

Given the account that posted that, perhaps it actually is him. :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

• Incan Torpedo Boat Commander
  • Defender of the Left
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2018, 08:04:58 am »
I imagine Marty ‘s response:

“This is my last straw. Last thing the world needs is another homophobe. I’ll go ahead and say it: she deserved what she got.

Also, she was a child and all children are awful and deserve extermination.

Also, she was a Jew.”

and he is Polish
"Every gun that's made; every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies a THEFT from those who hunger and are not fed and those who are cold and are not clothed.”....Dwight Eisenhower

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grinning_Colossus

• Toaster
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2018, 08:33:45 am »
Wasn't she bisexual herself? I swear I read something at some point that made it clear that she was bi.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Never stop yiffing.

garbon

• Neil
  • let's play bullets and bracelets
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2018, 08:54:15 am »
Sounds like that wouldn't be inconsistent with thinking men should 'go with women'.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

• Octogon Champion
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2018, 09:04:13 am »

I got banned under one account (basically because of Martinus, btw), and came back with another (and a different back story to hide my return). That was now over 13 years ago and you can't seem to get over it. 
There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

• Neil
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2018, 10:53:58 am »
Yeah but half that period you spent hiding your identity.
You know I'm going to lose
And gambling's for fools
But that's the way I like it
Baby, I don't want to live forever.

alfred russel

• Octogon Champion
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2018, 11:00:30 am »
Yeah but half that period you spent hiding your identity.

In fairness, not from everyone and I would have been banned again if I just came back as my old identity.
There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Habbaku

• Mussoloony
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2018, 11:15:57 am »
I forgive your previously-closeted existence.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2018, 11:19:20 am »
Wasn't she bisexual herself? I swear I read something at some point that made it clear that she was bi.

Hadn't heard that before, so I googled.

Yes, she had a couple passages in her diaries (which are usually edited out) where she describes a fairly strong physical attraction to a female friend, including wanting to kiss her and touch her breasts.  And she also describes a fairly strong physical attraction to a male friend as well.

But she was a girl in her early teens.  I don't know that it is helpful to start applying labels to her that she wouldn't have even known existed.

Grey Fox

• Blessed by Valmy
  • Ed Anger's tormentor
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2018, 11:20:37 am »

She was 15, she didn't know.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

• Defender of the Left
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2018, 11:44:43 am »

Hadn't heard that before, so I googled.

Yes, she had a couple passages in her diaries (which are usually edited out) where she describes a fairly strong physical attraction to a female friend, including wanting to kiss her and touch her breasts.  And she also describes a fairly strong physical attraction to a male friend as well.

But she was a girl in her early teens.  I don't know that it is helpful to start applying labels to her that she wouldn't have even known existed.

Agreed. I think that's probably fairly normal behaviour for a young teen.
"Every gun that's made; every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies a THEFT from those who hunger and are not fed and those who are cold and are not clothed.”....Dwight Eisenhower

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

• Defender of the Left
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2018, 11:29:02 am »

Malthus

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2018, 12:32:12 pm »
Anne Frank's gay-dar seems to be spot on

https://www.timesofisrael.com/who-was-anne-franks-gay-uncle-walter/

My gods, that's a sad story. He never got over the death of his nieces, and dies miserably alone.  :(

OttoVonBismarck

• Naked Mole Rat
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2018, 01:02:15 pm »

I got banned under one account (basically because of Martinus, btw), and came back with another (and a different back story to hide my return). That was now over 13 years ago and you can't seem to get over it.

Yeah those were wild times back when people cared about who was banned on this niche message board, myself included. It's kind of shocking Marti was a mod given he was a super unstable imbecile.

derspiess

• Blessed by Valmy
  • #12in18
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2018, 01:05:53 pm »
Seedy was a mod and he wasn't exactly stable.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall