Author Topic: The federal indictment/fake news MEGATHREAD  (Read 36741 times)

Maladict

• Sugar Glider
Re: The federal indictment/fake news MEGATHREAD
« Reply #960 on: June 16, 2018, 03:33:47 pm »

How the mighty have fallen.  No reputation can survive contact with the Toxic One.

Or maybe just senility. Everyone holding public office should be forced to retire around age 65 to 70.

jimmy olsen

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #961 on: July 02, 2018, 06:40:35 pm »
Cohen's flipping

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/395122-trumps-joint-defense-agreement-with-cohen-ending-report

The joint defense agreement between President Trump and his former attorney Michael Cohen will come to an end over the next few days, according to ABC.

The joint agreement allowed Cohen's and Trump’s lawyers to share information with one another, but when Guy Petrillo becomes Cohen's new head counsel this week, this agreement will be terminated, ABC reported.

This could indicate deepening tensions between Trump and his former fixer, who have touted their loyalty to one another in the past.
Cohen said last year that he would “take a bullet” for Trump.

In Monday’s interview with ABC, Cohen seemed to reverse course, saying his family, not the president, is his priority.

“To be crystal clear, my wife, my daughter and my son, and this country have my first loyalty,” he said.

Cohen is currently under investigation for bank fraud and campaign finance violations. He declined to comment about these allegations to ABC.

Earlier this year, Cohen came under fire after it became public that he paid adult-film star Stormy Daniels $130,000 to keep quiet about her alleged affair with Trump in 2006.

He implied to ABC that he will cooperate with special counsel Robert Mueller

's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

It was reported earlier this year that Trump's legal team had begun bracing for Cohen to cooperate with the special counsel investigation.

Trump in April tweeted that Cohen would remain loyal throughout the Mueller investigation.

“Most people will flip if the government lets them out of trouble, even if it means lying or making up stories,” Trump tweeted. “Sorry, I don’t see Michael doing that.”
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

• Blessed by Valmy
  • #12in18
« Reply #962 on: July 02, 2018, 08:32:45 pm »
Trump is finished, etc.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Habbaku

• Incan Torpedo Boat Commander
  • Mussoloony
« Reply #963 on: July 02, 2018, 08:50:53 pm »
Witch hunt, etc.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Jacob

• Global Moderator
  • Blessed by Valmy
    • My miniatures blog
« Reply #964 on: July 13, 2018, 06:48:26 pm »
Looks like Meadows et. al. may attempt to impeach Rosenstein: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/13/house-republicans-rod-rosenstein-impeachment-719816

House conservatives prep push to impeach Rosenstein

By RACHAEL BADE and KYLE CHENEY 07/13/2018 04:00 PM EDT

House conservatives are preparing a new push to oust Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, according to three conservative Capitol Hill sources — putting the finishing touches on an impeachment filing even as Rosenstein announced the indictment of 12 Russian intelligence officers for interfering in the 2016 election.

House Freedom Caucus Chairman Mark Meadows, in fact, had the impeachment document on the floor of the House at the very moment that Rosenstein spoke to reporters and TV cameras Friday.

Conservative GOP lawmakers have been plotting to remove Rosenstein for weeks, accusing him of slow-walking their probe of FBI agents they’ve accused of bias against President Donald Trump.

Eddie Teach

• Neil
« Reply #965 on: July 13, 2018, 08:51:10 pm »
What a farce.
You know I'm going to lose
And gambling's for fools
But that's the way I like it
Baby, I don't want to live forever.

Jacob

• Global Moderator
  • Blessed by Valmy
    • My miniatures blog
« Reply #966 on: July 14, 2018, 01:58:02 am »
 :lol: :(

Of the many ironies in this story, surely at the top is the fact that the Clinton private server appears to have been the most secure and impregnable of the servers that were targeted.

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1017902010526588930?s=04

jimmy olsen

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #967 on: July 14, 2018, 05:38:14 am »
Hmm  :hmm:

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #968 on: July 14, 2018, 05:40:35 am »
Also

https://twitter.com/JesseLehrich/status/1017806975424434176
DOJ: "on or about" July 27, 2016, Russians attempted for the 1st time to hack accounts at Clinton personal office & campaign domains.

July 27, 2016: TRUMP: "Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing."

1 Karma Chameleon point

Tyr

• Blessed by Valmy
  • In the end we will win
« Reply #969 on: July 14, 2018, 03:27:45 pm »
Just when things are at their darkest it makes you proud to be British:

https://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=pxvyfKiWaYc&u=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DdbwEqyFgqEQ%26feature%3Dshare
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

• Blessed by Valmy
  • Neil
  • Madman of Languish
« Reply #970 on: July 14, 2018, 10:15:04 pm »
Just when things are at their darkest it makes you proud to be British:

https://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=pxvyfKiWaYc&u=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DdbwEqyFgqEQ%26feature%3Dshare

Well, at least the world is no longer laughing at us.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

"I love how Raz just becomes the caricature for exactly what he is claiming doesn't actually exist...and he doesn't even know it! He is 100% oblivious to the irony of his own statements." - Berkut telling a lie.

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Oexmelin

• Byzanteen
  • Commissaire-ordonnateur
« Reply #971 on: July 15, 2018, 02:57:30 pm »
From the Mueller indictment:

Article 19: Russian Military Officer Aleksey Potemkin, assigned to 74455, supervised the creation of fake social media accounts used (among other things) in the release of DNC documents.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Syt

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #972 on: July 15, 2018, 03:00:08 pm »
 :lol:
Here in these streets are the things that we want: sex and birth, votes and traits, money and guilt, television and teddy bears. But all we've actually got is each other. You decide what that means.

Syt

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #973 on: July 16, 2018, 11:54:45 am »
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-russia-summit/trump-and-putin-to-hold-first-summit-talks-as-twitchy-west-looks-on-idUSKBN1K601D

Trump sees no reason to believe Russia behind election meddling

HELSINKI (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump emerged from a meeting with Vladimir Putin on Monday saying he saw no reason to believe Russia had hacked the 2016 U.S. presidential election, and the Russian leader “was extremely strong and powerful” in denying it.

Trump held his meeting just days after a special prosecutor in the United States indicted 12 Russian agents for stealing Democratic Party documents to help him win the vote.

At a rambling news conference after one-on-one talks, Trump said not a single critical word about Russia on any of the issues that have brought relations between the Washington and Moscow to a post-Cold War low, from Ukraine to Syria.

Asked if he trusted U.S. intelligence agencies, which concluded that Russia interfered in the 2016 election, Trump said he had been told by his CIA chief that Russia was to blame, but he was not certain.

“I don’t see any reason why it would be” Russia, Trump said. “President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today.”

Before the summit even began, Trump blamed his own country for the deterioration in relations.

“Our relationship with Russia has NEVER been worse thanks to many years of U.S. foolishness and stupidity and now, the Rigged Witch Hunt!”

The Russian foreign ministry “liked” his words and tweeted back: “We agree”.

At the news conference Trump was invited by reporters to offer even a single criticism of Russia, but repeatedly declined. Asked if Russia was at all to blame for the poor ties, he said: “I hold both countries responsible. I think the U.S. has been foolish. We’ve all been foolish,” he said, before veering into discussion about his election victory.

“I beat Hillary Clinton easily and frankly we beat her…We won that race and it’s a shame that there can be even a little bit of a cloud over it,” he said.

Trump’s repeated warm words for Russia were a marked contrast from the past week when he repeatedly rebuked traditional U.S. allies at a summit of NATO and a visit to Britain.

Asked if Putin was an adversary, he said: “Actually I called him a competitor and a good competitor he is and I think the word competitor is a compliment.”

Here in these streets are the things that we want: sex and birth, votes and traits, money and guilt, television and teddy bears. But all we've actually got is each other. You decide what that means.

Valmy

• Neil
  • Champions du Monde
« Reply #974 on: July 16, 2018, 12:00:00 pm »
I am baffled that protecting our country from foreign espionage has become a partisan issue. But then I was baffled that keeping our citizens from being shot by police officers was a partisan issue, so I guess everything no matter how seemingly uncontroversial can be a partisan issue.
If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Valmy is practically french. :frog:

Honorary gay award from Martinus