Author Topic: The federal indictment/fake news MEGATHREAD  (Read 58696 times)

garbon

• Neil
  • let's play bullets and bracelets
Re: The federal indictment/fake news MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1140 on: September 24, 2018, 10:32:48 am »
I heard he would be asked to leave rather than voluntarily departing.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #1141 on: September 24, 2018, 12:19:53 pm »
Apparently Rosenstein to meet with Trump himself on Thursday.

Maladict

• Sugar Glider
« Reply #1142 on: September 24, 2018, 12:21:58 pm »

In person? Guess he won't get fired then.

Barrister

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #1143 on: September 24, 2018, 12:27:40 pm »

In person? Guess he won't get fired then.

Perhaps not.

Barrister

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #1144 on: September 24, 2018, 12:35:23 pm »
I have to think Kavanaugh is done for though.  There's 4 sets of allegations apparently, and a quote from 2015 from a speech he gave saying "what happened at Georgetown Prep stays at Georgetown Prep".  But they're all from the same time period.

From day one I had thought there was room for him to say "Yes, in my high school and college days, I was immature and drank often to excess.  I treated women poorly.  I don't recall the incident Prof Ford describes, but I can not dispute it either.  I wholeheartedly apologize for whatever my role was in the trauma Prof Ford experienced that night.

Those were my actions 35 years ago however.  I am not the man I was in high school.  IN my professional life I have always respected women and in fact have prized myself on the number of female lawyers who I have mentored and guided."

But no, he doubled down on a Trumpian "they're all big fat liars".

Razgovory

• Blessed by Valmy
  • Neil
  • Madman of Languish
« Reply #1145 on: September 24, 2018, 01:06:12 pm »
Trump won't back down.  He can't.  If he starts punishing people for sexual assault or sexual harassment, people are going to start asking why Trump is isn't stepping down.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

"I love how Raz just becomes the caricature for exactly what he is claiming doesn't actually exist...and he doesn't even know it! He is 100% oblivious to the irony of his own statements." - Berkut telling a lie.

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

• Neil
« Reply #1146 on: September 24, 2018, 03:10:28 pm »
People have been asking that since he was elected.
You know I'm going to lose
And gambling's for fools
But that's the way I like it
Baby, I don't want to live forever.

DGuller

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #1147 on: September 24, 2018, 06:49:57 pm »
I have to think Kavanaugh is done for though.  There's 4 sets of allegations apparently, and a quote from 2015 from a speech he gave saying "what happened at Georgetown Prep stays at Georgetown Prep".  But they're all from the same time period.

From day one I had thought there was room for him to say "Yes, in my high school and college days, I was immature and drank often to excess.  I treated women poorly.  I don't recall the incident Prof Ford describes, but I can not dispute it either.  I wholeheartedly apologize for whatever my role was in the trauma Prof Ford experienced that night.

Those were my actions 35 years ago however.  I am not the man I was in high school.  IN my professional life I have always respected women and in fact have prized myself on the number of female lawyers who I have mentored and guided."

Let's be pragmatic now, though.  Even if he actually genuinely felt that, it would not be smart to make that statement.  American society is unfortunately extremely unforgiving, and you will absolutely be punished for making such admissions.

crazy canuck

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #1148 on: September 25, 2018, 11:40:11 am »

He has gone further than saying that.  He is now saying his views about women were formed when he was 14 - completely undermining the narrative that childhood mistakes should not be penalized too harshly.

Maladict

• Sugar Glider
« Reply #1149 on: October 30, 2018, 03:14:12 am »
Is Mueller still alive?

Eddie Teach

• Neil
« Reply #1150 on: October 30, 2018, 09:54:48 am »
He said he'd report his findings after the midterm.
You know I'm going to lose
And gambling's for fools
But that's the way I like it
Baby, I don't want to live forever.

Admiral Yi

• Neil
« Reply #1151 on: November 03, 2018, 02:20:29 am »
Meuller's alleged accuser didn't show up at ROSSLYN HOLIDAY INN.

Plot mastermind Jacob Wohl is a 20 year old kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSg826QJWDE

There's millions of vlog types ridiculing Jacob Wohl, but this was the only real media outlet I could see that reported it.
I'm up $25 on DGuller.

Syt

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #1152 on: November 04, 2018, 05:33:28 am »
Wohl is a not so smart cookie.

“Hello, I'm Leonard Nimoy. The following tale of alien encounters is true. By true, I mean...false. It's all lies. But they're entertaining lies, and in the end, isn't that the truth?

The answer is no.”

The Minsky Moment

• Octogon Champion
  • Requiem for a Scheme
« Reply #1153 on: November 04, 2018, 08:59:07 pm »
He did get a solid explanation from Prof. Seife.  Guess you can learn something from the internet after all.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson