News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Libertarians, Trump and the Alt-Right.

Started by Razgovory, September 20, 2017, 10:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on September 21, 2017, 09:19:44 PM

All you demonstrated was your ability to use the strikethrough functionality of the forum software.  Whatever that experiment was, it didn't contain a lot of useful thought.

I find it amusing, though hardly surprising, that my point was so acute that it escaped you entirely.

QuoteI know you're big into tribe bullshit, but tribes are not in fact interchangeable.  I feel comfortable name-calling North Koreans as brainwashed, even though they feel just as strongly that we're the brainwashed ones.  I will not post two tomes on Languish supporting my belief that North Koreans are brainwashed. 

Since I never stated that tribes were interchangeable, I will ignore this breathless restatement of the obvious.

QuoteJust because two sides believe with equal earnestness that the other one is stupid doesn't mean that both of them are equally wrong.  More often one side is correct, and the other side thinks the same thing because the former side is so very right in its assessment.

The irony that you make this assertion is vast.  Of course I am so right that you cannot see it.  My argument was entirely about the feebleness of arguments by assertion, and you not only failed to counter my argument, you didn't even understand it!  I cannot, alas, make my point any more clearly or simply.  We will just have to accept that you don't have the ability to understand my argument and move on.  Others understood it and that's enough for me.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 22, 2017, 07:48:20 AM
All this time, you mutts still haven't figured out that the basic premise of the Yicratic Method is that Yi already knows the answers when he asks his questions. 
That's what makes him such a magnificent asshole, and you people morons.

Exactly.  The Yicratic method allows him to challenge your arguments without having to make any counter-argument that he has to defend.  If people stop falling for that, he won't use it any more.  He's a smart guy.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on September 22, 2017, 04:32:43 PM
Quote from: DGuller on September 21, 2017, 09:19:44 PM

All you demonstrated was your ability to use the strikethrough functionality of the forum software.  Whatever that experiment was, it didn't contain a lot of useful thought.

I find it amusing, though hardly surprising, that my point was so acute that it escaped you entirely.

QuoteI know you're big into tribe bullshit, but tribes are not in fact interchangeable.  I feel comfortable name-calling North Koreans as brainwashed, even though they feel just as strongly that we're the brainwashed ones.  I will not post two tomes on Languish supporting my belief that North Koreans are brainwashed. 

Since I never stated that tribes were interchangeable, I will ignore this breathless restatement of the obvious.

QuoteJust because two sides believe with equal earnestness that the other one is stupid doesn't mean that both of them are equally wrong.  More often one side is correct, and the other side thinks the same thing because the former side is so very right in its assessment.

The irony that you make this assertion is vast.  Of course I am so right that you cannot see it.  My argument was entirely about the feebleness of arguments by assertion, and you not only failed to counter my argument, you didn't even understand it!  I cannot, alas, make my point any more clearly or simply.  We will just have to accept that you don't have the ability to understand my argument and move on. 
I'm pretty sure I understood what your argument was.  I didn't find it on point, I think it's time to move on with your life.
Others understood it and that's enough for me.
Did they PM you with expressions of understanding?  Or is your imagination running a bit wild?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 23, 2017, 01:25:09 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 22, 2017, 03:40:19 PM
Don't

Sorry DGuller and dps.  Ace of Jew beats jack of Jew.
:( Can you at least make it easier for your victims and innocent bystanders to understand what you're getting at?

Razgovory

I struck Yi's name, which is what I though he wanted me to do.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on September 23, 2017, 04:12:45 PM
I struck Yi's name, which is what I though he wanted me to do.

I wanted you to see what it was that I disagreed with, and how that differed from what you were accusing me of disagreeing with.

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on September 23, 2017, 02:54:01 PM
Don't

:( Can you at least make it easier for your victims and innocent bystanders to understand what you're getting at?

Maybe you should consider that this is just another example of you not being very good at reading comprehension?  Yi was being clever, but not obtuse.

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on September 23, 2017, 04:19:40 PM
Quote from: DGuller on September 23, 2017, 02:54:01 PM
Don't

Maybe you should consider that this is just another example of you not being very good at reading comprehension?  Yi was being clever, but not obtuse.
:huh: Is this another one of those "clever" attempts to point out a fault by embodying it in an exaggerated way?  I said that Yi can come off as being deliberately obtuse during his deployment of Yicratic method.  Being deliberately obtuse almost by definition means not being genuinely obtuse.

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on September 23, 2017, 04:59:37 PM
:huh: Is this another one of those "clever" attempts to point out a fault by embodying it in an exaggerated way?  I said that Yi can come off as being deliberately obtuse during his deployment of Yicratic method.  Being deliberately obtuse almost by definition means not being genuinely obtuse.

:huh:  Do you ever actually read the posts you respond to, or do you just decide what you are going to say and then quote someone at random?  Your post doesn't respond to my post at all.  As usual.

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on September 23, 2017, 05:55:30 PM
Quote from: DGuller on September 23, 2017, 04:59:37 PM

:huh:  Do you ever actually read the posts you respond to, or do you just decide what you are going to say and then quote someone at random?  Your post doesn't respond to my post at all.  As usual.
I don't know if you're playing dumb or method acting it, but you are exceedingly tiresome either way.

Eddie Teach

Hey Raz, you never did explain what the "alt-light" is.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 23, 2017, 07:07:11 PM
Hey Raz, you never did explain what the "alt-light" is.

Wouldn't it be "dark"?   :)

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on September 23, 2017, 06:06:06 PM
I don't know if you're playing dumb or method acting it, but you are exceedingly tiresome either way.

:lmfao:  You, on the other hand, are never tiresome.  Moronic, yes, but I enjoy every stupid post you make as you avoid every argument I make.  Please keep dancing, little bear.

Bayraktar!