The shit in Spain falls mainly in the fan

Started by celedhring, September 06, 2017, 02:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

:lol:

By the way, it seems like it was not the Government that triggered the raid yesterday. The judge that ordered the arrests is investigating a complaint filed by Vox, our tiny reactionary right party. That would better explain this turn of events, as Rajoy is more of a wait-and-see kind of politician.

Admiral Yi

BTW Celery, very clever thread title.  Witty even.

DGuller

Has anyone actually tried throwing shit in the fan?  It doesn't do what you think it will do.

Eddie Teach

I'd imagine it depends on the consistency of the shit and the strength of the fan.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 21, 2017, 09:53:55 PM
I'd imagine it depends on the consistency of the shit and the strength of the fan.
Doesn't matter.  Your best shot is taking the front guard off, but even that doesn't really help.

Ed Anger

Suchet may need to cross the border and restore order.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

celedhring

The Spanish Ministry of Interior has taken control of the regional police, after the regional police has been accused of being "passive" in their role of stopping the referendum. Litmus test here - if the regional police doesn't follow Madrid's orders, my thread title will come to reality.

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 22, 2017, 07:30:11 PM

It doesn't take Poirot to figure this one out.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: The Brain on September 23, 2017, 05:30:11 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 22, 2017, 07:30:11 PM

It doesn't take Poirot to figure this one out.

He can free the Catalan officials from the little grey cells they have been put in.

Tamas

celedhring

Nothing major. Just campaigning by the separatists. It's a holiday weekend in most parts of Catalonia, so the fun will resume in Tuesday as we enter the home stretch before the referendum (slated for next Sunday).

celedhring

Also, President Rajoy is meeting with Trump this week in the White House. I'm actually looking forward the chance of Trump inserting himself in the debate  :lol:

Iormlund

What chance do you see of a strike Celed?

That would be, I think, a pretty good gauge of separatist sentiment. Banging on cookware costs nothing. Renouncing to your salary, on the other hand ...

Also, it would help me if Martorell closed down for a couple of weeks.  :P

celedhring

I can't see it happening. There were calls for a general strike after the arrests last week, but UGT and CCOO (largest unions over here) rejected it.

Also there's not too much time to organize a strike, since there's just 4 working days until the vote.

celedhring

So, the anarchist trade union has indeed called for a strike on October 3rd. We're officially back to the 1930s!

They're really small though. I can't see it succeeding unless the larger unions end up joining. And even those don't have the pull they once had.