News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Malthus Cartoon Art Thread

Started by Malthus, August 29, 2017, 10:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

KRonn

Quote from: Malthus on November 12, 2019, 09:18:35 AM
Won't mean much to anyone here, but for a fan artist, it's kinda a big deal: the creator of Hazbin Hotel reblogged my last drawing on Tumblr.

I don't know who/what that is but it looks like you're starting to get some recognition. These pics you've done are really good stuff, so well deserved.  :)

Malthus

Ace of Spades:

Lost of interest in this one. Many requests on Reddit to buy the deck; one person wanted to buy a print; and one allegedly wanted to get it tattooed on them!  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Creepy ram's skull Malthus :cheers: Love it
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on November 25, 2019, 09:40:19 AM
Creepy ram's skull Malthus :cheers: Love it

Thanks!

The hard decision with this one was to move the central spade down from the middle. I wanted to retain it in its traditional position, but it just wasn't working for me - not with two overlapped figures behind it. That meant their heads had to be stacked one on top of the other, and with the spade in the centre there wasn't room without making the figures too small.

The picture depicts Satan and his daughter - hence all the satanic imagery (ram's skulls, apples for the Fall of Man, pentagram, fire). The daughter is sadly in the shadow of her father. 

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Malthus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 26, 2019, 07:40:10 PM
Looks really good Malthus

Thanks!

The problem with this fandom is that it may be literally a year before we see another episode ...

Malthus

Some work in progress - from rough sketch to first draft:

Malthus

KRonn

That was good to see the progression from draft/drawings to finish. Looks like a lot of work to complete the process?  :)

Malthus

Quote from: KRonn on December 04, 2019, 09:07:53 PM
That was good to see the progression from draft/drawings to finish. Looks like a lot of work to complete the process?  :)

The funny thing is that the hardest part is actually the scribble at the beginning. It doesn't look like anything much, but without getting the ideas and proportions right, the rest of it doesn't work. So often I scribble again and again, trying to get something that looks good to me.

Working the scribble up into an actual drawing is easier, but still hard, and then completing the inking and painting the easiest of all - it's the relaxing part.

Malthus

KRonn

Quote from: Malthus on December 05, 2019, 09:19:07 AM
Quote from: KRonn on December 04, 2019, 09:07:53 PM

The funny thing is that the hardest part is actually the scribble at the beginning. It doesn't look like anything much, but without getting the ideas and proportions right, the rest of it doesn't work. So often I scribble again and again, trying to get something that looks good to me.

Working the scribble up into an actual drawing is easier, but still hard, and then completing the inking and painting the easiest of all - it's the relaxing part.
Yep, I believe it. You have to get the drawing right, the foundation for the piece, in order for the "easy" part to be filled in and colored correctly to what you want it to be.  :)

Malthus

Quote from: KRonn on December 08, 2019, 03:29:22 PM

Yep, I believe it. You have to get the drawing right, the foundation for the piece, in order for the "easy" part to be filled in and colored correctly to what you want it to be.  :)

Even then, I never know how it will actually turn out. Half the fun is finding out.  :lol:

KRonn

Quote from: Malthus on December 09, 2019, 09:30:49 AM
Quote from: KRonn on December 08, 2019, 03:29:22 PM

Even then, I never know how it will actually turn out. Half the fun is finding out.  :lol:

:)