News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Malthus Cartoon Art Thread

Started by Malthus, August 29, 2017, 10:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on September 26, 2017, 11:21:18 AM
That looks weirdly creepy. But maybe that is just because I saw the other stuff first :P

Or that she seems to be missing shoulder bones.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Well it depends on what sort of individual.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

The sign comes from the show - the male lead is at one point forced to dress in drag (as pictured) and is filmed making a hilariously insincere apology for "her" behavior while holding that sign.

It was an outfit he'd earlier worn in order to infiltrate the Queen of Club's boarding school of horrors for girls. The female lead dons the eyepatch and slightly fetish-y outfit (also pictured) to infiltrate that school with him. 
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

So...how often does he have to dress like a girl in this show? He has an impressive mane of hair for it at least.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on October 03, 2017, 01:30:29 PM
So...how often does he have to dress like a girl in this show? He has an impressive mane of hair for it at least.

So far, twice. Though it will probably happen again in the future. His hair was basically created out of magic (normally, he has short hair).

The reason is that the Queen of Clubs character is convinced he is a girl.

The episode with the boarding school of horrors in it is filled with jokes not intended for the kids watching the show - at one point, Star (who makes stuff out of magic, usually of an absurdly cute variety that is nevertheless highly destructive) makes a weapon to destroy part of the school she identifies as a "Rasberry Panzerfaust!".  :D

Another time, the Queen of Clubs is torturing the male-lead-in-drag, with etiquette films, to transform him into a "perfect little princess" - in a scene very obviously parodying A Clockwork Orange, which I assume most eleven-year-olds haven't seen. 

The whole thing is a parody on the "Disney princess" theme (ironic because of course it is a Disney show). The point of the boarding school of horrors is to make the girls, forcibly, into "perfect princesses". One scene shows them training a girl to sing with an adorable singing bird, Snow White style (the girl, who is a monster, just eats the bird).

Malthus

I decided to attempt a card back design (though I'm not finished doing all the cards).

This is based on motifs taken from the wand the heroine uses (which combines a star and butterfly wings) and the unicorn fetus that shows up at the climax of the last episode ... 

The Brain

Valmy

Malthus

Malthus

Final Face Card: Ace of Clubs.

Skull-faced fellow is the master of space-time in the show, presides over alternate realities. He sometimes shows up in a crystal-ball type thing.

Went with a more graphic-design look for this one.   

Malthus

"Call me a villainess"

(Quick ink sketch based on the SvtFoE promo)

The Brain

Malthus

Quote from: The Brain on October 17, 2017, 12:28:54 PM
Ms. Hitler? :)

Quite possibly  ;) - it's a character that is still ambiguous in the show. Looks likely to be the new big bad.

So far, all we know is that she's had an unconventional love life, that she's been frozen alive inside a crystal for 300 years, that she likes chocolate, and that she is the creator of a lot of dark magic.