News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Malthus Cartoon Art Thread

Started by Malthus, August 29, 2017, 10:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Malthus on September 11, 2017, 09:19:38 AM
This will make a lot of sense to those who have watched the show ...

Has anyone else here copped to that?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 11, 2017, 09:30:34 AM
Quote from: Malthus on September 11, 2017, 09:19:38 AM
This will make a lot of sense to those who have watched the show ...

Has anyone else here copped to that?

Yup, Oex. He says he watched it with his goddaughter.

I admit, the characters, why each was chosen for a particular card, can't make much sense if you haven't seen the show.  ;)

In this case, the character depicted is basically the main character's magic mentor; but he's, essentially, a trickster. 
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: The Brain on September 11, 2017, 09:28:29 AM
Super cool.

It was nice to see the progression btw.

Thanks!

Actually, the progression ought to start with the first sketches for the layout, drawn on the back of a napkin. But I threw that out before I got the idea of taking pictures at various stages.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

PRC

What kind of pens you using Malthus?  Brush & ink, or Micron Pigma's and the like?

Malthus

Quote from: PRC on September 11, 2017, 12:01:35 PM
What kind of pens you using Malthus?  Brush & ink, or Micron Pigma's and the like?

Here are some of them:

Mostly, I use regular and brush markers (I really love brush markers! So decadently convenient!). For the gold, I use a gold paint pen, which gives very nice coverage.   

Malthus

Here's the latest, King of Clubs.

The first image is of a Lizard-like assassin hired by the Queen of Clubs, who uses a chainsaw to hack between dimensions (and victims).

The second image is of the creepy assistant or companion to the Queen of Clubs, who is admiring a doll based on the male protagonist (in drag) before going to bed.   

Reverse:

Eddie Teach

A lizard man with a chainsaw. Genius.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 19, 2017, 07:41:55 AM
A lizard man with a chainsaw. Genius.

His function in the show is to appear horribly frightening, and yet to die almost instantly (though not totally - he's busy regenerating from an arm).

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Malthus on September 19, 2017, 01:16:40 PM
His function in the show is to appear horribly frightening, and yet to die almost instantly (though not totally - he's busy regenerating from an arm).

If I were ever attacked by a chainsaw wielding giant lizard, the arm would be the *first* thing I'd try to take out.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Malthus

Here is some gift art I did for a woman I know who got married a few days ago. Marriage art isn't really my thing, but I tried:

HVC

The bride looks so apprehensive and scared :lol:  good drawing though.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on September 26, 2017, 07:46:58 AM
The bride looks so apprehensive and scared :lol:  good drawing though.

Heh, I was going for the 'apprehensive but eager' look.  ;)

HVC

hey, a 50% transmission of intent in art is above average. Go us!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

That looks weirdly creepy. But maybe that is just because I saw the other stuff first :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."