News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Malthus Cartoon Art Thread

Started by Malthus, August 29, 2017, 10:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Just for fun, here's some process pictures for the last card. I usually take these to educate myself about what works and what doesn't. Dunno if any of you may fond them interesting, but here goes.

The original 'back of napkin' concept:

Gesture drawing for the bottom figure:

Pencil sketch:

Linework (Ludo figure done):

Darks fully drawn in:

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

fromtia

These are wonderful. I follow all of my favorite artists on instagram and I love process videos and posts. :)
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

Malthus

Quote from: fromtia on February 12, 2019, 03:25:45 PM
These are wonderful. I follow all of my favorite artists on instagram and I love process videos and posts. :)

Thanks!

I love process pictures. I always take them, more for my own use really. 

I post my stuff on Instagram - same user name (Malthus @ mathusarts). 

fromtia

Quote from: Malthus on February 12, 2019, 03:38:00 PM
Thanks!

I love process pictures. I always take them, more for my own use really. 

I post my stuff on Instagram - same user name (Malthus @ mathusarts).

followed.  :bowler:
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

Malthus

Thanks!

As a bonus, some work in progress process pics (for the next card). This one with a more dynamic scene:

Malthus

More process pics. The big question is: will adding the gold help to make the picture more coherent? It's supposed to ...

Malthus

Valmy

One day I will be able to play a very creepy, but very aesthetically pleasing, game of poker.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on February 15, 2019, 04:47:14 PM
One day I will be able to play a very creepy, but very aesthetically pleasing, game of poker.

My ambition is to make that happen!  :D

Malthus

Midnight Tea with the Queen of Darkness:

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on February 20, 2019, 09:51:43 AM
Quote from: Malthus on February 20, 2019, 09:37:02 AM

:cool:

I like this one a lot.

Because it features a sort of High Tea?  :D

Edit: the voice actress who plays this character does, in fact, have an English accent ...

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on February 20, 2019, 10:12:00 AM
Quote from: mongers on February 20, 2019, 09:51:43 AM
Quote from: Malthus on February 20, 2019, 09:37:02 AM

:cool:

I like this one a lot.

Because it features a sort of High Tea?  :D

Edit: the voice actress who plays this character does, in fact, have an English accent ...

Tiffin naturally.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus