News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Malthus Cartoon Art Thread

Started by Malthus, August 29, 2017, 10:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

You can finally quit that tedious law practice!
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

KRonn

Quote from: Malthus on March 26, 2018, 05:29:51 PM
This is interesting - one of my pieces is going to be on TV, used for a promo for the show by Disney XD.

It's the 'Eclipsa having Tea' picture.

Very cool! Interesting indeed!  :)

Valmy

This is interesting - one of my pieces is going to be on TV, used for a promo for the show by Disney XD.

That is amazing! Congrats pal! :hug:

I will keep an eye out for it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 26, 2018, 06:26:38 PM

:o

Which page is that on?

Are you getting paid!?

Not getting paid.  :D

It appears on the Disney XD Tumblr site (and on the channel, of course).

http://disneyxd.tumblr.com/

Click on the entry for March 26.

You will see this pic (with a bunch of others) in the clip:

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

mongers

Nice crafty work Malthus, it's appreciated. :cheers:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on April 12, 2018, 03:18:45 PM
Nice crafty work Malthus, it's appreciated. :cheers:

Thanks!

I tried out a couple of new techniques for this one - confined the gold to the central figure and used black with white highlights for the floating soulless corpses. 

Malthus

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Malthus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 20, 2018, 01:20:31 AM
Is that a chained soul?

I'm not sure what a "chained soul" is ...

In this scene, Star is confronted with the soul-less corpse of her best friend/boyfriend #1, held by her boyfriend #2, while her town burns around her (in this show, having your soul eaten causes your corpse to float like a balloon).

KRonn

Those again are so good. You have a real fun talent, a great hobby to relax by.  :)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Malthus on April 20, 2018, 07:45:11 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 20, 2018, 01:20:31 AM
Is that a chained soul?
I'm not sure what a "chained soul" is ...

In this scene, Star is confronted with the soul-less corpse of her best friend/boyfriend #1, held by her boyfriend #2, while her town burns around her (in this show, having your soul eaten causes your corpse to float like a balloon).
I thought the floating body was a soul that had been ripped out of their body and imprisoned by the guy holding the rope.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Malthus

Quote from: KRonn on April 20, 2018, 06:55:44 PM
Those again are so good. You have a real fun talent, a great hobby to relax by.  :)

Thanks! I'm having fun with it. Replaces playing computer games for me.  :D

Malthus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 20, 2018, 07:38:37 PM

I thought the floating body was a soul that had been ripped out of their body and imprisoned by the guy holding the rope.

Partly right - the floating body has had his soul ripped out and eaten, but not by the guy holding the rope. He's the only survivor of the team that tried to trap (or at least delay) the soul-eater; he's carrying the corpse of their leader, to show Star ... the soul eater is busy burning the town around them to ashes and eating the souls of the survivors.