And we're back!

Main Menu

Malthus Cartoon Art Thread

Started by Malthus, August 29, 2017, 10:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on August 29, 2017, 04:46:40 PM
Can you do a drawing of Peter North.

I probably can. But I will never know for sure.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

How about a pic of Cal armwrestling with (and losing to) a turtle?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Malthus on August 29, 2017, 04:03:23 PM
The really fun part is figuring out how to do the "switch" on the court cards (that is, the separation of the top figure from the bottom figure), where the colour palate is restricted to three colours - and to attempt to do it in an interesting way. Also, to try to keep the designs nice and flowing, not too detailed (I mess that up frequently).

That's the feature of the cards that most impresses me; the way you transition between the characters and make them so similar yet so different (details like the two mustaches on the king and the facial expressions on the queens).  I think you hit the switch out of the park on these.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Malthus

Quote from: grumbler on August 30, 2017, 04:45:57 AM
Quote from: Malthus on August 29, 2017, 04:03:23 PM
The really fun part is figuring out how to do the "switch" on the court cards (that is, the separation of the top figure from the bottom figure), where the colour palate is restricted to three colours - and to attempt to do it in an interesting way. Also, to try to keep the designs nice and flowing, not too detailed (I mess that up frequently).

That's the feature of the cards that most impresses me; the way you transition between the characters and make them so similar yet so different (details like the two mustaches on the king and the facial expressions on the queens).  I think you hit the switch out of the park on these.

Thanks!

The transition is by far the most difficult, and fun, part. I try to mix transition techniques up, though I admit, there is no way I'll have a different one for each card.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Berkut

Damn, those are really freaking cool. I would pay for a set of cards like that.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Wow Malthus you are incredibly talented. All those years wasted being a lawyer :weep:

Those cards are pretty freaky when you have no idea WTF they are referring to  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on August 30, 2017, 06:14:07 PM
Wow Malthus you are incredibly talented. All those years wasted being a lawyer :weep:

Thanks! If I had to earn a living at it, it probably wouldn't be fun, though. Even assuming that was possible ...

Those cards are pretty freaky when you have no idea WTF they are referring to  :P

I can only imagine.  :lol:

I mean, the character designs are freaky in the actual show ... for example, the guy on the Ace of Diamonds has a crystal for a head and snakes for hands. He imprisons people in crystals he grows with his mind, keeping them perfectly preserved for centuries in some cases (here, he's trapped the main character - my Queen of Hearts - in one of his crystals: this happens in the show ...)

Richard Hakluyt

The cards are really excellent, I say this having no knowledge of the show; i think that fans of the show would probably love a deck of cards like these  :cool:

BuddhaRhubarb

:p

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

You could probably sell these on Patreon or DeviantArt

Real good stuff
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 05, 2017, 04:12:34 AM
You could probably sell these on Patreon or DeviantArt

Real good stuff

Not the first time Malthus has been called a deviant.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on September 04, 2017, 08:09:36 PM
These are great, malthus :)

Wow, thanks! Haven't seen you around for ages. How have you been?

Malthus