News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Stardew Valley

Started by Caliga, August 22, 2017, 12:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I have been playing the crap out of this game.  Not even close to getting bored yet. :)

Anyone else playing?  What do you do to make money?

It's the winter of my first year and right now my main source of income is mushrooms, mayonnaise, and cranberry jelly.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

So you may have forgotten but you do know people play this as you discussed it with a few in the miscellaneous games thread. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on August 22, 2017, 12:40:45 PM
So you may have forgotten but you do know people play this as you discussed it with a few in the miscellaneous games thread. :P
I thought it warranted its own thread, and I also don't know if anyone is still playing. :sleep:

FunkMonk

This game is super chill and awesome and I really enjoy it. It plays fine on my laptop too.

I actually don't really try too hard to make money in this game. I just farm what feels right (fuckin chillin out with mah chickens and cat maaaaan)

Mayonnaise from chicken eggs rake in the cash though.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josquius

Just started playing it in the past few weeks too.
Currently struggling through my first winter; I've finished the mine and caught all the fish that can be caught this season so...am just waiting for spring to come around so I can work on some more bundles.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Fishing. :(  It's horrible.  Boring and I never catch anything.  I just leveled up, and it's no easier.  I think one more level and I can buy a new pole, and supposedly that helps.

Caliga

Oh, and I plan on taking Emily to pound town shortly. :)

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on August 22, 2017, 06:44:29 PM
Fishing. :(  It's horrible.  Boring and I never catch anything.  I just leveled up, and it's no easier.  I think one more level and I can buy a new pole, and supposedly that helps.

It's what drove me out of Stardew.

Money is easy to come by after a little while.  I mean you always can use more, but after your first year you generally have enough for any day to day expense you might want.

But as you work your way up the quests, you increasingly need fishing.  Which is really hard and unrewarding.

I mean I will go back to the game at some point.  But fishing is the worst part of the game.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on August 22, 2017, 07:52:49 PM

Is that kind of like Poundland?  Everyday goods for only 1£? :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Fishing I find pretty easy for the standard fish. But for anything slightly special.... An unpausible 5 minute + battle.
I dread to think how the legendary fish are.

Emily. No from me. She's too weird.
Penny seems the proper wifey one and Leah the best match for the little escaped from the city farmer guy.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on August 22, 2017, 08:55:25 PM
Is that kind of like Poundland?  Everyday goods for only 1£? :)
We'll talk about it when you're a little older, son. *patpat*

garbon

Are you that insecure that you need to randomly announce that?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on August 23, 2017, 07:07:35 AM
Are you that insecure that you need to randomly announce that?
Apparently so. :)

Grey Fox

I liked it but I hated having to go back home every nite never could get far into it because of that.

I play Slime Rancher for the same feeling.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Caliga on August 22, 2017, 07:52:49 PM

I chose Haley  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.