And we're back!

Main Menu

About those peaceful antifa protests...

Started by viper37, August 20, 2017, 02:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on August 21, 2017, 08:38:27 AM
Quote from: derspiess on August 21, 2017, 08:09:32 AM
Semi-related-- https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/colorado-man-stabbed-neo-nazi-haircut-163146326.html

I figured this would be coming here eventually. I thought he had a fine haircut.

One of our outspoken local quasi-Antifa types sports the same haircut.  Dunno if it's hipster irony or what.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on August 21, 2017, 09:50:04 AM
Semi-related-- https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/colorado-man-stabbed-neo-nazi-haircut-163146326.html

I figured this would be coming here eventually. I thought he had a fine haircut.

One of our outspoken local quasi-Antifa types sports the same haircut.  Dunno if it's hipster irony or what.

He is a Nazi agent provocateur!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on August 21, 2017, 09:29:13 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 21, 2017, 08:20:42 AM
Far as I can tell, the cops are already armed so they should be equipped to deal with rocks and urine. :hmm:
If the left is totally justified to use violence because they feel the police apparently protects the neo nazi scums, than I am totally justified to use violence because I feel the police apparently protects the far left scums.  :)

We will all be better once we're armed to the teeth and confront one another everywhere :)

What you are missing is that the right side is already armed to the gills. Those militias in Charlottesville wren't on the left.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: Kleves on August 21, 2017, 08:50:02 AM
QuoteFor starters, while antifa perpetrates violence, it doesn't perpetrate it on anything like the scale that white nationalists do. It's no coincidence that it was a Nazi sympathizer—and not an antifa activist—who committed murder in Charlottesville. According to the Anti-Defamation League, right-wing extremists committed 74 percent of the 372 politically motivated murders recorded in the United States between 2007 and 2016. Left-wing extremists committed less than 2 percent

This is the study that I looked at for those numbers: https://www.adl.org/sites/default/files/documents/MurderAndExtremismInUS2016.pdf

If that's the correct study, then I think the statistic quoted in the article is seriously misleading. The study looks to extremist-related killings, not politically-motivated killings. In general, it looks like the vast majority of the killings are not ideologically motivated. For example, the study would count a skinhead killing another skinhead over meth as an extremist-related killing, since the skinheads are extremists. Obviously this is significantly different from a skinhead targeting and killing someone because of their race/religion. This would skew the statistics to make political violence look more common than it is, and also skew the statistics toward right-wing extremist since "whites-only" skinhead/Aryan Nation gangs are generally counted as right-wing extremists, but groups like the Black Gangster Disciples or MS-13 are not counted as extremist at all (though tough to see how they could be counted as left or right-wing).

I'll have to look into that.

Though, the far left are infamous for how very fragmented they are. They often seem to hate the 'wrong sort' of far leftist more than they hate the right. Surely if the far left were just as violent you'd see a lot of examples of inter-doctrinal killings between different strands of communist?
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on August 21, 2017, 09:38:26 AM
That is the basis of Antifa's reason to exist which is obviously dangerous nonsense. I was not aware anybody was claiming this was good besides themselves though.
French article

QuoteMais Pablo Roy-Rojas s'abstient de condamner les agissements d'un groupe de militants d'extrême gauche, dont plusieurs étaient masqués.

« Ce que je condamne, c'est la situation dans laquelle on est. Celle où il y a l'extrême droite qui est violente et dangereuse, et où la gauche, elle, doit répliquer. Certains groupes de gauche, et certaines personnes, sentent le besoin de répliquer de cette façon-là », a-t-il affirmé à La Presse lundi.

But Pablo Roy-Rojas abstain from condeming the actions or a far left militant group, of wich many were masked.

"What I condemn is the situation we're in.  The one where there is the extreme right who is violent and dangerous, and the left, she must retaliate.  Some leftist groups, and certain people, feel the need to retaliate this way," she said to La Presse on Monday

That's the exact same reasoning used by leftist politicians everytime it happens.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

That guy is not a politician he is some kind of activist spokesman. And he seems like he sucks.

By the way there is extreme right wing violence going on in Quebec?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on August 21, 2017, 09:50:57 AM

He is a Nazi agent provocateur!

Hiding in plain sight!  He's whiter than I am.  Dude is straight-up wacko-- crazy eyes and all. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on August 21, 2017, 10:10:07 AM
Hiding in plain sight!  He's whiter than I am.  Dude is straight-up wacko-- crazy eyes and all. 

Are we talking like Andrew McCarthy crazy eyes?

:ph34r:

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

CountDeMoney

The high fade with length has been a men's hair fashion thingy for the last few years.  Sure, Ammon Gothe and your average fave-rave SS officer-about-town sported it, but so did Clark Gable, Douglas Fairbanks and Cab Calloway.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Grinning_Colossus

An encouraging sign that the conflict is ideological rather than wholly identitarian. :)
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Josquius

:lol:

I guess this picture shows a left wing victory? Everyone enjoying each other's culture in peace?
██████
██████
██████