News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish in Crisis (Time of Crisis PBEM)

Started by Habbaku, August 07, 2017, 12:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Habbaku

Ardashir of the Sassanid Empire gathers more of his decadent armies to him for an invasion of Syria. Some of his own satraps decide to extend the invasion into Egypt! Fortunately, the Legions there, under the guidance of Extremus Priapus, manage to inveigle some of the Sassanid tribes to join the legions before smashing the remnant.

The Roman legions of Pannonia do an exceptional job of dispersing the barbarian scum as well, much to the glory of the Bulgus tribe. Alas, the militias in both provinces fell under the sword and were put to flight, the cowards.

Of minor note is that a small legion has occupied the city of Rome itself in order to, er, protect the Emperor. Yes.

Over to Sol.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

The Gallic legions of Solmyrius Britannicus engage and defeat the Rival Emperor Postumus with minimal losses. Emboldened, they cross the Rubicon into Italia, ready to keep order. Meanwhile, the Senate, impressed by the victory of Solmyrius, decides to name him Imperator, though his reign may prove quite brief...

Over to Tamas.

Tamas

Tamasus learned of the chaos in Rome and was quick to act to restore order. Using the fact that the new "Emperor" lacked the support of the capital's garrison, he had a fairly easy time to put one of his trusted cousins in charge, while also strengthening his support in Galatia.

The lack of "turns as Emperor" counters is sure annoying.

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on August 17, 2017, 03:07:40 PM
The lack of "turns as Emperor" counters is sure annoying.

We can manually keep track (everyone is still at 0 turns thanks to the Rival Emperors), but the counters seem to have disappeared between my move file 009 and Solmyr's 010.  :hmm:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

A small contingent of nomadic tribes emerge from the desert, raiding the lands of the Nile!

Meanwhile, Marcus Celedus Ringus spends the turn building support in Asia and erecting a fortification network to protect it from Gothic or Sassanid attacks

Habbaku

Another successful Roman foray into the hinterlands of Egypt manages to drive off the hordes of Nomadic tribesmen that dare to threaten the Empire's grain supply.

Elsewhere, in the city of Rome itself, the local garrison supports a change in management. Solmyrius failed to bribe the correct Senators, and so Massivius Oakus Bulgus I is given Imperium by the Senate and People of Rome.

Unfortunately, the Priest King still reigns in Syria, and so the rule is a shaky one...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

The Sassanids once again stage an incursion into Roman lands; with Syria solidly in their hands, they invade Aegyptus. In the west, since the governor of Pannonia is clearly unable to deal with rampaging Franks, Solmyrius's third army moves from Italia to deal with them. Meanwhile, Solmyrius strengthens his support in Britannia and Gallia.

Over to Tamas.

Solmyr

Will be traveling for a couple of days, so if my next turn arrives I'll be able to send it on Wednesday night.

Tamas

Tamasus hired a unit of Goths as mercenaries and added an extra legion to his army station in Thrace before leaving the province to the local militia's care to attend to restoring order in Rome.

Having defeated the traitors guarding him, he deposed Massivius and installed his second cousin, Durcius Hublus as Emperor. There was much rejoicing in the capital.

Finally Tamasus made sure that a local militia is raised in the defense of Rome and the province of Galatia.

In other news, nobody was surprised to hear that local mismanagement of the province have seen an angry mob gather in Egypt.

celedhring

How do I trash one of my cards within the mod?

Tamas

Quote from: celedhring on August 23, 2017, 07:17:23 AM
How do I trash one of my cards within the mod?

Open your player screen, then from the Discards, then right-click on the card you want to trash

celedhring

Misery piles on the peoples of Egypt, as Nomads charge from the desert into the fertile lands of the Nile, joining the Sassanids and the rioters

Meanwhile, Marcus Celedus Ringus tries to consolidate his positions by strengthening his support in Hispania and getting one of his cousins through the cursus honorum, awaiting an appointment as proconsul.

Tamas

Solmyr