News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish in Crisis (Time of Crisis PBEM)

Started by Habbaku, August 07, 2017, 12:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

I don't mind, it just annoyed me that I couldn't figure it out.

Solmyr

Solmyrius Britannicus improves his support in Britannia and builds a basilica at Londinium. In Gallia, another legion is trained.

Over to Tamas.

Tamas

I guess I missed a rule.

In a glorious display of Roman arms and diplomacy, I have Foederated one of the Gothic invaders into my Galatia army, then placed a Militia and wiped the enemy army. Lost the Militia only.

Now I have just realised that if I read the rules right I was not supposed to be able to place Militia while enemy units were present.

I have uploaded my move (including a bit of fumbling around with my Castra). If I am right about the Militia, and you guys don't mind, I'll just remove my Gothic unit as a loss instead, and use those 2 yellow points to place a Militia in Thracia. If you are not cool with that, I'll just forfeit those two points I guess.

Tamas

Also I forgot the big news of the turn: Pretender Emperor Postumus has set up shop in Gallia!

celedhring

Quote from: Tamas on August 15, 2017, 06:42:04 AM
I guess I missed a rule.

In a glorious display of Roman arms and diplomacy, I have Foederated one of the Gothic invaders into my Galatia army, then placed a Militia and wiped the enemy army. Lost the Militia only.

Now I have just realised that if I read the rules right I was not supposed to be able to place Militia while enemy units were present.

I have uploaded my move (including a bit of fumbling around with my Castra). If I am right about the Militia, and you guys don't mind, I'll just remove my Gothic unit as a loss instead, and use those 2 yellow points to place a Militia in Thracia. If you are not cool with that, I'll just forfeit those two points I guess.

I see that the militia didn't get a hit in so I guess it's fine if you do that? Dunno what others think.

Habbaku

I'm fine with the shift around. It doesn't affect anything--the militia weren't needed to win the battle. So, the converted barbarian unit is destroyed and the militia is raised in Thrace instead.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Ok thanks, new replay with the corrections has been uploaded, Celed is up.

celedhring

News from Persia! The Parthian King has fallen to rebellion and now a warlord that styles himself Ardashir claims to rule over those lands. Surely the disarray will only be advantageous for Rome.

Marcus Celedus Ringus finds proof that the proconsul of Asia has been involved in treason! Marcus volunteers one of his brothers to replace him, and the senate passes the motion. In order to restore Imperial order to the province, an army is raised in Asia commanded by one of Celedus' trusted generals, and a further legion is trained.

celedhring

Have all the events drawn so far spawned leaders on the map?

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Habbaku

Hm, actually, upon checking it, as long as Tamas hit the "Create Event Deck" button at the start of the game, it should be fine. Looks like we're just getting a weird randomization.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on August 16, 2017, 03:23:33 PM
Hm, actually, upon checking it, as long as Tamas hit the "Create Event Deck" button at the start of the game, it should be fine. Looks like we're just getting a weird randomization.

I moved second. Solmyr started the game

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

I hit the Create Event Deck button at the start, yeah. :P