News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish in Crisis (Time of Crisis PBEM)

Started by Habbaku, August 07, 2017, 12:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Solmyrius Maximus Britannicus, seeing that legions are springing up like mushrooms, orders his first Gallic army to dig in at Lutetia and commissions another legion led by a family member. This is, of course, done to protect against barbarian tribes that are moving across the Danube, and a Limes is duly constructed on the borders of Gallia.

Over to Tamas.

Tamas

Since the Emperor can't even keep Syria in check, Tamasus Macedonicus invested in raising a new legion and establishing a Limes in Galatia.

Celed's up.

celedhring

How do cards with additional powers work? You either use them for influence or the printed text, or do you get to use both?

Tamas

Quote from: celedhring on August 12, 2017, 06:14:53 AM
How do cards with additional powers work? You either use them for influence or the printed text, or do you get to use both?

Both

celedhring

A quaestor is dispatched to Carthago to take care of the distribution of grain to the army and sending supplies to Rome. Weeks later, Marcus Celedus Ringus decides to celebrate the Saturnalia by distributing grain among the citizens of Hispania - obviously not African grain, that would be stealing from the erarium, and Marcus Celedus Ringus would never do such a thing. The populace hails Celedus as his protector, raising his approval in the province.

A Limes is built in Africa, to protect the province from the Berbers.

celedhring

I forgot to hit "END TURN" before ending the logfile. Habs, take care of that before you start your move.

Habbaku

Fearing the increasing depredations of the Sassanids in the Syrian province, a new legionary army under Maximus Bulgus is raised in the province of Pannonia for future...protection of the interior. Who knows where these wild Sassanids might go next! Why, they could make it all the way to Rome itself! This new army also constructs a brief Castra to protect the capital.

The populace of Pannonia, meanwhile, is overjoyed to see the steady improvement of the local defensive network. A system of border forts are also thrown up to protect the realm from barbarians to the north.

Over to Sol.

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Determined to protect the western provinces, Solmyrius Maximus Britannicus trains another legion in Gallia and recruits new political talent from the family.

Over to Tamas.

Tamas

Tamasus gave control of Macedonia over to his trusted Quaestor who has increased his support in the province, and Macedonicus has taken up on himself to protect Thracia from the Barbarians.

I have grabbed a Foederati card as well.

Now, Habbaku needs to tell us how to Mask cards in our hands.

celedhring

Mine show up masked when I draw them. Or at least that's what it looks like.

I'm away from my PC for the rest of the weekend. Will post my turn tomorrow morning.

celedhring

News from the north say that the Alamanni have crossed the Rhine and invaded Pannonia! However the host is small and they soon settle down after encountering the fortifications in the area.

Marcus Celedus Ringus spends the months using his influence in the Senate to get two of his family members elected Proconsul and Legate, awaiting future commissions.

EDIT: Forgot to update my score - will do once it gets round to my turn again (I scored 3 legacy this turn)

Habbaku

Quote from: celedhring on August 14, 2017, 03:12:43 AM
EDIT: Forgot to update my score - will do once it gets round to my turn again (I scored 3 legacy this turn)

I updated it for you.

More Alamanni hordes pour across the borders of the Empire but are halted temporarily by the system of Limes thoughtfully constructed by Biggus Bulgus.

In order to quell this trouble, Bulgus trains another legion, the Fretensis, and dispatches them to the capital area.

A new governor is installed in Asia by the name of Tremendus Bulgus, though just barely...Still, he provides the necessary support to further the Habbaku clan's cause.

Over to Solminimus.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

How do you mask you cards Habs? Most of mine aren't masked.

Habbaku

Don't manually draw the cards. Right-click on your "available" pile and then select the cards you want one at a time. It should mask them from there.

Honestly, though, why bother with it? I'm not going around looking at other players' hands in the middle of my turn. I suppose if you really wanted to cheat, you could do that with everyone's unmasked cards, but...what's the fun in that?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

If I was afraid one among us might cheat, peeking at the cards would be the least of my worries. Fortunately, I'm not.