News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish in Crisis (Time of Crisis PBEM)

Started by Habbaku, August 07, 2017, 12:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Through a method that was purely random (sorting players alphabetically by Languish nickname for seating, then rolling a die to see who goes first), play order is as follows:

1st: Solmyr
2nd: Tamas
3rd: Celedhring
4th: Habbaku

Which means we're off to Solmyr to start with initial province selection (to place his starting governor, general, militia, and legion in a single province with support level 1). Then Tamas, Celedhring, etc.

I started a Dropbox folder, but haven't put anything there since there's nothing to do except setup at this stage of the game.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Habbaku deals from the bottom of the deck.  It's true.  That's why he's no longer allowed at the Virgin Queen tables at the Bellagio.

The Brain

Did the players volunteer or is there a draft?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Solmyr

Picked blue colour and chose Britannia. My setup log uploaded. Off to Tamas.

Tamas

Have taken Red and Macedonia. Off to Celed.

celedhring

I'm drunk right now since it's my birthday, will make my move tomorrow once I sober up!

celedhring

Marcus Celedus Ringus raises his green banner in the province of Hispania.

Habbaku

Quote from: celedhring on August 10, 2017, 02:21:04 PM
Marcus Celedus Ringus raises his green banner in the province of Hispania.

Sounds Gallic. I'm watching you...

Habbakus Minimus Bulbus, meanwhile, looks on from his governorship in Egypt:

LanguishCrisis

With the Empire set up, it's off to Tamas to start us off. For the first few turns, I suggest you rigidly follow the sequence of play, IE, don't forget to roll for an event as the very first thing you do and don't forget to build your new hand before passing the turn off to the next player.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Shouldn't we select our hands first? I went ahead and did it. File is up

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on August 10, 2017, 03:21:50 PM
Shouldn't we select our hands first? I went ahead and did it. File is up

Yes, but the first turn hand is pretty scripted. There are only two realistic options if you plan on acquiring a second province during your first play. If you really want to slow down the game in order to make sure people don't "cheat" on their first hand...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

I don't mind. But won't be able to do my proper turn until the morning

Solmyr

Isn't it my turn first?

Also, you fuckers let Habbaku be all alone in the east (Tamas doesn't count since he'll die quickly).