Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on August 03, 2017, 05:16:25 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on August 03, 2017, 01:10:21 PM
Quote from: viper37 on August 03, 2017, 11:50:02 AM
Rejoice, Spanish friends!

you too will now be able to enjoy bad coffee :D

I wonder if it will be such an experience as it is for English Canadians.  :P

The most addicted persons, I know, to Tim Hortons are eastern Quebecers. Gaspésiens are the worse.
really?  I knew one, but he's addicted to McD's coffee now.

Yeah, remember my infamous failed move to Edmonton? I went there with 3 Gaspésiens, I'm pretty sure we stopped at all the Tim Hortons we came across.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: The Larch on August 03, 2017, 05:31:26 PM
I remember there was a Dunkin Donuts in Madrid back when I lived there, doubt it's still open.

According to Google not only is it likely that it is still open, but that they also spawned quite a bit. Is showing at least 12 in Madrid...:x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

There's a few in Barcelona too, but they are all located in malls or highly touristic areas. They closed all their "regular"  street locations - over here at least.

In the 2000s there were many more.

viper37

Quote from: HVC on August 03, 2017, 08:06:24 PM
Quote from: viper37 on August 03, 2017, 05:16:25 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on August 03, 2017, 01:10:21 PM
Quote from: viper37 on August 03, 2017, 11:50:02 AM
Rejoice, Spanish friends!

you too will now be able to enjoy bad coffee :D

I wonder if it will be such an experience as it is for English Canadians.  :P

The most addicted persons, I know, to Tim Hortons are eastern Quebecers. Gaspésiens are the worse.
really?  I knew one, but he's addicted to McD's coffee now.

Which is the old timmies coffee. Years ago Tim Hortons got in a tiff with its supplier and McDonald's Canada swooped in and got the contract.
ah, that explains why :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

If you're ever down and out, it's good to know that Dunkin sells off the donuts they're going to toss at 2:00 AM at firesale prices.  I got through grad school on 6 donuts for $2.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

celedhring

So, is this place worth checking out once it's open? Although I guess they won't source the same coffee as their US/Canada branches.

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on November 22, 2017, 02:19:55 PM
So, is this place worth checking out once it's open? Although I guess they won't source the same coffee as their US/Canada branches.

No.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on November 22, 2017, 02:21:47 PM

No.

Well, they'll have their work cut out to succeed over here, if there's something that Spain doesn't lack is places to have good coffee. Also places to have awful coffee.

Jacob

It's worth checking out once on the grounds of novelty, I'd say, but I don't think there's anything spectacular about Tim Hortons.

Still, if you're in the market for fast food and/or inexpensive sugary baked goods you might as well evaluate it against the competition. Maybe you'll find their value proposition worthwhile... but it's not inherently obvious, I don't think.

celedhring

They'd be competing with other coffee places (including Starbucks) for my "hipster working with his laptop in a cafeteria" dollar.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: celedhring on November 22, 2017, 02:27:28 PM

No.

Well, they'll have their work cut out to succeed over here, if there's something that Spain doesn't lack is places to have good coffee. Also places to have awful coffee.

What about doughnuts?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 22, 2017, 02:53:50 PM
Quote from: celedhring on November 22, 2017, 02:27:28 PM

No.

What about doughnuts?

Same. We have loads of bakery-coffee shops. Apparently they want to position themselves as a cheaper alternative to Starbucks, but we have loads of those too.  :lol:

Anyway, will check it out once it's open. I hope it's full of Canadian quaintness at the very least.