Tim Horton's set to expand into Spanish market

Started by viper37, August 03, 2017, 11:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Rejoice, Spanish friends!

you too will now be able to enjoy bad coffee :D

I wonder if it will be such an experience as it is for English Canadians.  :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Maybe they should go after Germany/Poland. Somehow Dunkin Donuts is allowed to survive there.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

It's not like we don't have a massive number of cafés and café chains available already. Seems a difficult market to get in.

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on August 03, 2017, 11:50:02 AM

The most addicted persons, I know, to Tim Hortons are eastern Quebecers. Gaspésiens are the worse.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

In Spain is the "standard" coffee drip or espresso?

celedhring

Oexmelin

I never had thought Subway would take a hold in France either. But it has. And Starbucks too. Though I am guessing it's the cultural context of Starbucks that gives it cachet. I don't understand what possible cachet Tim Horton could possibly offer to Spaniards.

Que le grand cric me croque !

Malthus

Quote from: Oexmelin on August 03, 2017, 03:36:05 PM
I never had thought Subway would take a hold in France either. But it has. And Starbucks too. Though I am guessing it's the cultural context of Starbucks that gives it cachet. I don't understand what possible cachet Tim Horton could possibly offer to Spaniards.

The lure of exotic hoserdom.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

celedhring

Quote from: Oexmelin on August 03, 2017, 03:36:05 PM

Yeah Starbucks has been successful by coasting on its hip brand image, and the fact that it was indeed a novel concept for a café when it started opening branches in Spain. Now there's loads of "American hip" cafés and café chains over here.

But Tim Hortons? I just don't see the lure.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 03, 2017, 01:10:21 PM

The most addicted persons, I know, to Tim Hortons are eastern Quebecers. Gaspésiens are the worse.
really?  I knew one, but he's addicted to McD's coffee now.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: celedhring link=topic=15129.msg1095910#msg1095910
But Tim Hortons? I just don't see the lure.
/quote]
me neither.  I just thought it weird.  But like Oex said, other fastfood franchines managed it.  So, maybe it will work, with some local flavour added.

The Larch

I remember there was a Dunkin Donuts in Madrid back when I lived there, doubt it's still open.

Monoriu

I hope they open in Hong Kong.  I am not a fan of donuts but I would be happy to try their coffee. 

Ed Anger

Goddammit, I want some pumpkin doughnuts.

You fucks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Quote from: viper37 on August 03, 2017, 05:16:25 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on August 03, 2017, 01:10:21 PM

really?  I knew one, but he's addicted to McD's coffee now.

Which is the old timmies coffee. Years ago Tim Hortons got in a tiff with its supplier and McDonald's Canada swooped in and got the contract.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.