News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Kinguin

Started by Rex Francorum, July 22, 2017, 10:26:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rex Francorum

I am building a new PC and I need to get Windows 10 (I don't have it yet). I have heard about Kinguin markeplace where you can get W10 keys for 30-40$. I read stories where it worked ok and others where the keys were already used. What is your opinion of that service? My other option is to buy W10 at full price (150$) on Microsoft Store.
To rent

Josquius

Know any students?
I got windows 7 for free for myself and a friend when I was in university. Key carries over to windows 10.
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: Rex Francorum on July 22, 2017, 10:26:31 AM
I am building a new PC and I need to get Windows 10 (I don't have it yet). I have heard about Kinguin markeplace where you can get W10 keys for 30-40$. I read stories where it worked ok and others where the keys were already used. What is your opinion of that service? My other option is to buy W10 at full price (150$) on Microsoft Store.
If you have Windows 7 or 8, there is still a way to upgrade to Windows 10 for free.
Lien

Clique sur "Télécharger l'outil maintenant / Download tool".

Create a bootable USB key with the tool and install it on top of your Window 7/8/8.1 install.

Otherwise, there is this method:
https://www.howtogeek.com/272201/all-the-ways-you-can-still-get-windows-10-for-free/
Technically, it's the same ISO, but it may ask you if you have any disabilities, so you answer "yes".
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Rex Francorum

Sadly I don't have Win 7 or 8. I bought my computer before Win7 went out.  <_<
To rent

viper37

Quote from: Rex Francorum on July 22, 2017, 11:34:05 PM
Sadly I don't have Win 7 or 8. I bought my computer before Win7 went out.  <_<
If you still have windows XP, do you think you could find someone with a Windows 7 upgrade lying around?  As long as it hasn't been used in the last 4 months, you will be fine.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Rex Francorum on July 22, 2017, 10:26:31 AM
I have heard about Kinguin markeplace where you can get W10 keys for 30-40$.
While I do not know this particular company, what they do is they buy bulk Windows licenses for corporate users.  Like, say, Google would want to buy licenses for their employees at work and at home, they don't pay 150$ for each DVD.  They buy an image, they install it on their network, and the tech remotely install Windows 10 and then assign one of they keys they got.

This is the same principle, except they sell the keys to strangers.  Sometimes, more than once.  If it works, you're good.  If it doesn't, you will not get any support from Microsoft, they will refer you to Kingpin wich may or may not help you.

Grey Fox

Big big buying of Windows, like google does, doesn't get keys. It gets an activation server.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas