News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Malthus's Morbid Monuments

Started by Malthus, July 10, 2017, 01:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: The Brain on July 13, 2017, 03:53:23 PM
When I sit and read history books crippled chicks always come up to me and beg me to let them blow me.

Do they look like George Washington?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Quote from: derspiess on July 14, 2017, 09:05:53 AM
Quote from: The Brain on July 13, 2017, 03:53:23 PM
When I sit and read history books crippled chicks always come up to me and beg me to let them blow me.

Do they look like George Washington?

Rarely.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Some London cemetery pics from last Christmas:

My best friend, in her favorite cemetery (Kensal Green):

My son, same place:

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

that last picture made me feel old.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Jacob

Malthus

Yup, he's a big boy now - nearly a teen! Two more years.  :cry:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Malthus

Might as well add to this old thread a couple more:

I love how this fellow is described as "truest friend and noblest foe":

Well, I should hope he is:

The Brain

La Recoleta cemetery in Buenos Aires is awesome. Recommended. I posted a few pics som time ago in TBR.

KRonn

Quote from: Malthus on July 20, 2017, 07:29:41 AM
Yup, he's a big boy now - nearly a teen! Two more years.  :cry:

Wow, I feel old. Time flies....

Malthus

From Niagara On The Lake, an extremely old (well, by North American standards) gravestone:

Malthus

One more - I kinda like this little fellow, hopping on an old gravestone covered with lichen.

The Brain

Malthus

Quote from: The Brain on June 27, 2018, 07:11:25 AM
Lovely! :)

Thanks!

It is funny to think that here, these pass as really, really old ... in Europe, they'd probably be thought pretty modern.  :D