And we're back!

Main Menu

Malthus's Morbid Monuments

Started by Malthus, July 10, 2017, 01:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Next thing you know Malthus will not be honoring his father and mother.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on July 10, 2017, 02:59:07 PM
Making graven images Malthus? Tsk tsk.

Hey, I'm not worshipping this thing. I gave it to someone else to worship.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Damn. Never attempt to cite laws to lawyers  :blush:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on July 10, 2017, 03:34:07 PM
Damn. Never attempt to cite laws to lawyers  :blush:

He's tempting others to worship though, that's gotta be pretty bad too.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Malthus on July 10, 2017, 02:21:13 PM
I've undoubtedly told this story before, but in brief: I was sitting with her in her room minding my own business. Her parents were out.

Then you were doing it wrong.  ;)

Archy

An Icon made by a Jew. There's something not right about that. :ph34r:
But to be honest I suspect that most new icons in Russia now are coming from some factory in China.

Malthus

Quote from: Archy on July 11, 2017, 05:30:47 AM
An Icon made by a Jew. There's something not right about that. :ph34r:
But to be honest I suspect that most new icons in Russia now are coming from some factory in China.

An Atheist* Jew. The worst kind of Jew.  :P

*Well, something of a pantheist. Footnote added to annoy Berkut.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Speaking of religious art, here's a medieval-early Renaissance prayer bead:

Amazingly lifelike skull - this is very small, the size of a dollar coin. It opens up and there's a whole scene carved on the inside!

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: The Brain on July 11, 2017, 10:57:28 AM
Is it from a midget?

WHo would carve a medeival scene on the inside of a midget. :rolleyes:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Barrister on July 11, 2017, 11:35:01 AM
Quote from: The Brain on July 11, 2017, 10:57:28 AM
Is it from a midget?

WHo would carve a medeival scene on the inside of a midget. :rolleyes:

another but very handy midget

Malthus

This one is cute - there is a herd of deer that visit the nearby cemetery. It is odd to think that there is a herd of wild deer living two blocks from my house, when I live in the middle of a big city - but here they are.

Valmy

Yeah Deer live all throughout my city as well. I have noticed as the decades have gone by they have gotten very good at avoiding cars. Natural Selection at work?

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on July 12, 2017, 09:58:42 AM
Yeah Deer live all throughout my city as well. I have noticed as the decades have gone by they have gotten very good at avoiding cars. Natural Selection at work?

The cemetery also has, apparently, packs of wild coyotes that prey on the deer - or at least, there are signs warning you that they will prey on your little dogs if you let them run around off the leash.

A couple of months ago, a bear was found wandering through backyards (the other side of the city).

Pretty soon, we'll see them commuting on the subway. No doubt looking as miserable as everyone else.  :lol: