News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New Bioware Game: Anthem

Started by Valmy, June 15, 2017, 02:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

I'm interested. More than I've ever been by Mass Effect.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 16, 2017, 12:00:12 PM

Hey it might be best damn game ever. It just does not look like a RPG to me.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

It hasn't really been fleshed out, could be anything right now.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 16, 2017, 12:08:42 PM

Unless they are lying I am pretty sure it is an open world multiplayer game where you wear big suits and blow shit up. The question is if there is a story and quests and characters in there.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on June 16, 2017, 08:06:21 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 16, 2017, 12:08:42 PM

Unless they are lying I am pretty sure it is an open world multiplayer game where you wear big suits and blow shit up.
that is a yes.

The question is if there is a story and quests and characters in there.
yes to the first, unknown to the 2nd.
A veteran Bioware writer, who wrote for ME1&2 (and Kotor, I think) was hired for this game's story.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

It's Drew aka Syt's favorite author.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on June 16, 2017, 02:36:31 AM
I always mentally disengage when I see a game touting, "Multiplayer focused experience! Geared towards Co-op!" Blah.

Yeah, I mean I got into computer games so I wouldn't have to deal with other people.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grallon

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 16, 2017, 12:00:12 PM

You're missing out on Mass Effect.  I waited a long time before getting into it (last summer) and once I had passed my dislike of the shooter mechanics the story really caught me.  Obviously I'm not talking about that Andromeda bullshit.

EDIT: Meanwhile I've just finished modding and stabilizing Skyrim after a 2 years hiatus and I'm having a blast once more. :)

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grallon

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

Oh should have known it would be a shallow reason.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt