News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New Bioware Game: Anthem

Started by Valmy, June 15, 2017, 02:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

So Bioware did not announce Dragon Age 4 but instead announced 'Anthem'. Which is sadly not about composing inspiring songs about the Ferelden Nation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3C2JMg3VoI

I have to say I feel really weird about it. I thought for a minute that the trailer was part of the game but then the characters started talking about getting XP and people logging in and I realized it was a multi-playing thing. So is this a shooter? A multi-player shooter? Is Bioware no longer making RPGs at all, I mean for what they could be considered RPGs?

AAA RPGS are pretty much dead again aren't they? Or maybe not and I just do not understand this game yet. It sort of looks like ME:A but I cannot look at it and not think Destiny. Not that I ever personally played Destiny but I have seen people stream it.

And Open World :bleeding: I can explore with my friends :bleeding:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Yeah RPS said:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/06/13/e3-2017-pc-games/4/

QuoteThe rumoured new BioWare IP has been revealed to be Anthem, a very Destiny-like "shared world" RPG, with co-op-me-do questing and looting. And also flying about on jetpacks.

Not what you'd expect to see from BioWare, perhaps, although it's not entirely clear what BioWare expects to be any more.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Scipio

It's an utter buttfucking of the fans. Hooray.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Razgovory

Do they have a feature where all dialogue is spoken by voice artists and you don't hear teenagers talk about how high they are or how much they hate Black and Mexicans?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

MMORPG. Ugh. I thought that fad was done. Nope for me.
But then I still didn't finish the DA1 expansions let alone the sequels.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I always mentally disengage when I see a game touting, "Multiplayer focused experience! Geared towards Co-op!" Blah.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

DA:I felt at times like a single player MMPORG so I guess it was bound to happen.

Disappointing, but Bioware hasn't been Bioware for a while now.

As for AAA rpgs, There's always Projekt Red, if they can get something other than Witcher games (which I love) going. And there's always a chance Bethesda might conjure up decent storytelling and a combat system that doesn't blow.

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on June 16, 2017, 02:36:31 AM
I always mentally disengage when I see a game touting, "Multiplayer focused experience! Geared towards Co-op!" Blah.
Correct.  No interest in this whatsoever.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on June 15, 2017, 02:30:18 PM
AAA RPGS are pretty much dead again aren't they?
We're the last of a dying race... :(
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: celedhring on June 16, 2017, 02:41:04 AM
Disappointing, but Bioware hasn't been Bioware for a while now.
True, it's officially EA now.

As for AAA rpgs, There's always Projekt Red, if they can get something other than Witcher games (which I love) going.
They have that cyberpunk project, I don't know much of it.

And there's always a chance Bethesda might conjure up decent storytelling and a combat system that doesn't blow.
well, a properly modded Skyrim is quite allright.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on June 15, 2017, 04:46:03 PM
Do they have a feature where all dialogue is spoken by voice artists and you don't hear teenagers talk about how high they are or how much they hate Black and Mexicans?

Nope. Explore with your friends!

QuoteAnd there's always a chance Bethesda might conjure up decent storytelling and a combat system that doesn't blow.

:lol:

Speaking of Bethesda they claim that Elder Scrolls 6 is not even in development :boggle:

So um don't expect it anytime soon. I mean I am not exactly a huge ES fan or anything but that is the only games that Bethesda make that I am interested in playing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on June 16, 2017, 09:50:39 AM

Yeah, none of that pesky seeing friends in person. I just prefer to play in them video games where we are all situated in our own homes.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on June 16, 2017, 09:54:24 AM

Yeah, none of that pesky seeing friends in person. I just prefer to play in them video games where we are all situated in our own homes.

PROOF you don't have any friends in California.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on June 16, 2017, 10:02:14 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 16, 2017, 09:54:24 AM

PROOF you don't have any friends in California.

:lol: