Real RPGs, none of that new fangled computer bullshit

Started by CountDeMoney, June 11, 2017, 10:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

The Brain

Quote from: Delirium on December 11, 2017, 02:35:55 PM
Why so touchy about this Brain?

I don't see how I'm touchy. If I were to write a Conan RPG where I consistently try to make things Howardian I would probably distance myself from Conan's racism by a short paragraph, to not leave myself open to charges of ignoring or trivializing racism. Like I said I don't necessarily think their decision to duck completely was wrong (out of sight, out of mind), but since they bothered to write something concerning possible sexism in the stories the absence of a similar note on racism was put into relief.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

Question, why hasnt Tele conferencing or something like it, not grabbed the P&P RPG community?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on December 11, 2017, 09:16:41 PM
Question, why hasnt Tele conferencing or something like it, not grabbed the P&P RPG community?

It's a lot like kissing your sister:  sure, she's got a great rack and an ass that won't quit, but it just doesn't feel right.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 11, 2017, 09:27:48 PM

It's a lot like kissing your sister:  sure, she's got a great rack and an ass that won't quit, but it just doesn't feel right.

Don't resist progress.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

PDH

My old gang is spread out now - we use Google+ to play.  The main game with Scott and about 4-5 people is at his house, Jay lives in Austin and I live in Santa Cruz.  We link up with video and play.  Sure, we can't share the cheetos, but it is better than being a bitter old man on the internet.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PDH on December 11, 2017, 10:40:32 PM
Sure, we can't share the cheetos, but it is better than being a bitter old man on the internet.

LIES

It's beautiful.

Jacob

It has to a certain extent: Plenty of people play via Skype, Google Hangouts, roll20.net, Fantasy Grounds et. al.

celedhring

Yeah, I did some Skype D&D with my regular playing group in Barcelona back when I lived in the US. That said, it didn't really catch on and we ended up abandoning it.

BuddhaRhubarb

running a loose mostly homebrew pathfinder game right now. thinking about making my own homebrew system using on the stats that my players understand. so very very simple.
:p

BuddhaRhubarb

oh also started playing in a call of Cthulhu game that after a couple of sessions is pretty fun 7th edition pulp which i quite like the character creation in.  my first time playing Call of Cthulhu

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

BuddhaRhubarb

ya really enjoying the cthulhu game so far. after a two year break from that gaming group, which had kind of exhausted me. rejuvenated and ready to game again.

celedhring

Hey, we are looking attempt to start a "remote" campaign with some old friends, who now live in the other side of the country. I've seen some platforms mentioned here, any you particularly recommend?