Ancient Cities: Neolithic City Builder Set in 5000 B.C.

Started by jimmy olsen, June 04, 2017, 08:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Pretty ambitious setting a city builder so far back.

Looks nice.

Has a living ecosystem, domestication of plants and animals, natural disasters, megalith construction, and warring tribes.

https://youtu.be/_of9II_Ol1k
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Cool, I'd consider buying that.  I haven't played a city builder in years.  Wonder if there are any ones out there currently that are good?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Looks more like one of those survival games to me.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on June 04, 2017, 11:29:33 PM
Looks more like one of those survival games to me.

Starts out that way, but it definitely transitions to a city, or at least town builder later on.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

I guess we can check back in on this in a year or two? :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 04, 2017, 08:29:58 PM
Has a living ecosystem, domestication of plants and animals, natural disasters, megalith construction, and warring tribes.

I see cattle wandering about and some guy with a spear lying down in the grass. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 05, 2017, 05:54:55 PM

Yeah, I see that Missouri, but I'm surprised you saw that in New York.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 05, 2017, 05:54:55 PM

There were some obvious glitches, but I thought it looked pretty good for an Alpha.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Quote from: Caliga on June 04, 2017, 10:44:48 PM
Cool, I'd consider buying that.  I haven't played a city builder in years.  Wonder if there are any ones out there currently that are good?

Cities: Skylines.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

PDH

Unless it has dinosaurs in it, I am not playing.

Plus, Barbara Bach in a bikini would be nice.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on June 06, 2017, 07:53:14 PM
Unless it has dinosaurs in it, I am not playing.

Plus, Barbara Bach in a bikini would be nice.

Barbara from 1979. And it's BABRAH.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 06, 2017, 07:48:49 AM
There were some obvious glitches, but I thought it looked pretty good for an Alpha.

I guess, unless you expect gameplay in your games.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

PRC