Terror attack in London, pedestrians hit on London bridge

Started by viper37, June 03, 2017, 05:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: mongers on June 04, 2017, 06:08:13 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 04, 2017, 06:02:45 PM
Quote from: mongers on June 04, 2017, 05:57:19 PM
No, cities like Birmingham, Manchester and other Lancashire/Yorkshire cites have longer established Muslim populations, London because of it's nature has more transient populations so it's more likely they'll be non-UK born, but by how much I don't know.

Oh, so more like Hasib Hussain, Mohammad Sidique Khan and Shehzad Tanweer then.

Kind of you to make my case* for me. 

* All three born in West Yorkshire cities, two in Leeds the other in Bradistan.  :bowler:

FYP

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Syt on June 04, 2017, 04:53:36 AM
I'm guessing: Donald being Donald in reaction to initial reports. :P

Actually, yeah he had known as apparently he'd retweeted before the drudge report mentioning the attack so no cover on this one.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Moderate Muslims

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2017/jun/05/london-attack-isis-claims-responsibility-victims-named-live-updates

QuoteThe Muslim Council of Britain says more than 130 imams and religious leaders from diverse backgrounds have refused to perform the funeral prayer for the London attackers, in what it calls "an unprecedented move". They have also urged others to do likewise. In a statement, they say:

QuoteAlongside our friends and neighbours, we mourn this attack on our home, society and people and feel pain for the suffering of the victims and their families. We pray to God that the perpetrators be judged in accordance with the gravity of their crimes in the hereafter. Their acts and wilful dismissal of our religious principles alienates them from any association with our community for whom the inviolability of every human life is the founding principle.

Consequently, and in light of other such ethical principles which are quintessential to Islam, we will not perform the traditional Islamic funeral prayer for the perpetrators and we also urge fellow imams and religious authorities to withdraw such a privilege. This is because such indefensible actions are completely at odds with the lofty teachings of Islam.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Good. Condemnation on a theological basis is pretty vital to our efforts.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maladict

QuoteTwo of the men who carried out Saturday night's terror attack in London have been named by police.

Khuram Butt, 27, was married with children and lived in Barking, east London for a number of years.

Scotland Yard said he was known to police and MI5 but there was no intelligence to suggest an attack.

The other attacker was named as Rachid Redouane, 30. The pair and one other man were shot dead by police after killing seven people and injuring 48.

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on June 05, 2017, 12:34:56 PM

QuoteTwo of the men who carried out Saturday night's terror attack in London have been named by police.

Khuram Butt, 27, was married with children and lived in Barking, east London for a number of years.

Scotland Yard said he was known to police and MI5 but there was no intelligence to suggest an attack.

The other attacker was named as Rachid Redouane, 30. The pair and one other man were shot dead by police after killing seven people and injuring 48.

Further down the article:

The Met police said Butt was a British citizen born in Pakistan, while Redouane, who also lived in Barking, claimed to be Moroccan-Libyan.

This will definitely be picked up and used by UKIP and probably to Tories during the campaigning, immigrants=bad.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

Seems you are projecting a bit mongers  ;) There are too many Muslims with voting rights to go after them, the xenophobic vote would not compensate, especially considering they'll vote Tory anyways.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Maladict on June 05, 2017, 12:34:56 PM

Khuram any relation to Monc E?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Richard Hakluyt

So the two chaps from Barking were, in fact, barking  :hmm:

Ancient Demon

Quote from: Tamas on June 05, 2017, 01:50:06 PM
Seems you are projecting a bit mongers  ;) There are too many Muslims with voting rights to go after them, the xenophobic vote would not compensate, especially considering they'll vote Tory anyways.

Tories get almost no Muslim votes already, so what difference does it make?
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Grallon

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Razgovory

I was wondering if that particular snake would crawl out of its hole.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grallon

Quote from: Jacob on June 05, 2017, 06:57:00 PM

:rolleyes:

I wonder how long you'll go on with your denial?  How many deaths will it take?  How much destruction do you need to witness before you admit to the truth?

Or perhaps your need to feel morally superior trumps the lives of all the present and future victims of Islamism?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel