Terror attack in London, pedestrians hit on London bridge

Started by viper37, June 03, 2017, 05:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

QuoteDonald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump  9h

We need to be smart, vigilant and tough. We need the courts to give us back our rights. We need the Travel Ban as an extra level of safety!

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump  9h

Whatever the United States can do to help out in London and the U. K., we will be there - WE ARE WITH YOU. GOD BLESS!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

I wonder on the first if he'd actually heard the news yet or if that post was just Donald being Donald.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on June 04, 2017, 03:48:32 AM
I wonder on the first if he'd actually heard the news yet or if that post was just Donald being Donald.

The posts were made 7 minutes apart (4:17 pm + 4:24 pm).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Quote from: Syt on June 04, 2017, 04:47:23 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 04, 2017, 03:48:32 AM

The posts were made 7 minutes apart (4:17 pm + 4:24 pm).

Which doesn't really underline what he knew or didn't with the first post.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I'm guessing: Donald being Donald in reaction to initial reports. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

I hear May has found the true problem: the Internet

I think the Internet better starts buying as much weapons from the UK as Saud Arabia, if it wants to get away with giving safe space for terrorists

Zanza

Let's see whether the perpetrators came from Iran, Syria, Yemen, Somalia, Sudan or Libya on a visa. That would actually make Trump's travel ban applicable. But most of these terrorists recently seem to be of the home grown variety.

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on June 04, 2017, 05:01:27 AM
Let's see whether the perpetrators came from Iran, Syria, Yemen, Somalia, Sudan or Libya on a visa. That would actually make Trump's travel ban applicable. But most of these terrorists recently seem to be of the home grown variety.

Still kind of irrelevant even then. Attacks in UK don't really logical justify US travel ban.

Zanza

Quote from: Tamas on June 04, 2017, 04:55:49 AM

I think the Internet better starts buying as much weapons from the UK as Saud Arabia, if it wants to get away with giving safe space for terrorists
I think privacy protections in Britain were never very strong and with leaving the EU and continued terrorism I could see the government eroding them further.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Zanza on June 04, 2017, 05:25:50 AM

I think privacy protections in Britain were never very strong and with leaving the EU and continued terrorism I could see the government eroding them further.

plus all the rest they might end up doing if shit keeps deteriorating.
Pretty extreme to do a proper remake of V for Vendetta.

Tamas

It is really worrying, that she just HAS to campaign for greater state control of the Internet at the slightest excuse she gets. And her alternative is a guy who considers Fidel Castro a great warrior of social justice.

mongers

Quote from: Tamas on June 04, 2017, 06:46:03 AM

It is really worrying, that she just HAS to campaign for greater state control of the Internet at the slightest excuse she gets. And her alternative is a guy who considers Fidel Castro a great warrior of social justice.

Well that's her, a stick of seaside rock (sweet) with authoritarian written all the way through it, rather than Blackpool or Eastbourne.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

On the positive, spent the day in central London which apart from inconvenience of having London Bridge station closed, was basically like any other Sunday.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on June 04, 2017, 04:53:36 AM
I'm guessing: Donald being Donald in reaction to initial reports. :P

QuoteBut then he decided to slam the mayor of the city attacked, who had calmly warned his fellow Londoners: "Londoners will see an increased police presence today and over the course of the next few days. There's no reason to be alarmed." Trump took the second part out of context and responded viciously, "At least 7 dead and 48 wounded in terror attack and Mayor of London says there is 'no reason to be alarmed!'" (The mayor, of course, was telling them not to be alarmed by the heightened police presence.) Trump was not done, however, inanely tweeting, "Do you notice we are not having a gun debate right now? That's because they used knives and a truck!"

Rest assured, strong and resolute Britons, that the US government will be here to troll you in your time of need.

The Brain

America was bound to elect a retarded buffoon eventually.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.