Explosions in Manchester: Ariana Grande concert, "a number of fatalities"

Started by CountDeMoney, May 22, 2017, 06:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on May 23, 2017, 05:58:14 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 23, 2017, 05:52:15 AM
Quote from: Tamas on May 23, 2017, 05:41:15 AM
I was reacting to the facts that incidentally ended up pointed out by Trump. That does not make an uncritical supporter of Trump. He is a horrible scourge

You are giving him credit where basically none is due. I don't think anyone reasonable actually views us in a big masterminded war of islam vs the west. Also, I'm not sure that anyone thinks we should glorify terrorists, in fact, constant opinion pieces about how we shouldn't.

And again, Trump's support and stance on Islam is actually the narrative that boosts the profile of Islamic terrorists. The man who insists on stating 'radical islamic terrorism'.

You are overreacting. What Trump said, was true. He does end up saying true things every once in a while, like how his daughter is hot (can't recall anything else right now(. That doesn't make him any less despicable. 

Overreacting? I'm just confused on why you are giving kudos to a man for making a baby talk statement that. Should we applaud every time the president says something that isn't false?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Gups

Is it an established truth that terrorists like being called monsters?

I hate all these cardboard cut out expressions of grief and solidarity form world leaders etc whenever something like this happens.

Tamas

Garbon, I did not give ANY kudos to Trump. I mentioned he had a point. You are overreacting because you can't discuss the validity of a sentence, because it was said by Trump.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on May 23, 2017, 06:31:33 AM
Garbon, I did not give ANY kudos to Trump. I mentioned he had a point. You are overreacting because you can't discuss the validity of a sentence, because it was said by Trump.

No, I'm just not interested in having a presidential kindergarten. Particularly not when he's complicit in the narrative that he's supposedly lambasting.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Gups on May 23, 2017, 06:06:16 AM

I hate all these cardboard cut out expressions of grief and solidarity form world leaders etc whenever something like this happens.

What should they do instead? Ignore it?

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on May 23, 2017, 06:36:08 AM

No, I'm just not interested in having a presidential kindergarten. Particularly not when he's complicit in the narrative that he's supposedly lambasting.

Well, your President being a 70 years old mentally stuck in kindergarten is a given. And yes, one evidence of that is that he was speaking out against the very propaganda that helped get him elected. I am quite certain that is lost on him.

Still, the point he made was valid.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on May 23, 2017, 06:36:37 AM

I know what you mean, but I also know what Gups mean.

Reading the nice May speech about the "spirit of Manchester" is a bit exhausting. The same speeches after every attack -even if true and well meaning- grow tiring and just part of a horrible routine.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on May 23, 2017, 06:38:02 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 23, 2017, 06:36:08 AM

Well, your President being a 70 years old mentally stuck in kindergarten is a given. And yes, one evidence of that is that he was speaking out against the very propaganda that helped get him elected. I am quite certain that is lost on him.

Still, the point he made was valid.

I think the point you made was valid. You know after you took his sentence and crafted it into something meaningful. ;)

Gups

Quote from: garbon on May 23, 2017, 06:36:37 AM

Would it matter much if they did?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Quote from: garbon on May 23, 2017, 02:26:22 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 23, 2017, 01:22:38 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if it was a returning ISIS fighter, we've been warned that several hundred of these will grace our shores with their presence now that their "caliphate" is fucked.

Never heard of Ariana Grande before now, I'm guessing her core audience are 13-year old girls?

She's pretty regular feature in top 40 pop in the last few years.
and being neither gay nor underage, it is totally expected that we have no idea what she sounds like. :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on May 23, 2017, 01:02:26 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if it was a returning ISIS fighter, we've been warned that several hundred of these will grace our shores with their presence now that their "caliphate" is fucked.

Never heard of Ariana Grande before now, I'm guessing her core audience are 13-year old girls?

and being neither gay nor underage, it is totally expected that we have no idea what she sounds like. :D

She does a perfect Celine Dion impression, look it up.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 23, 2017, 01:13:27 PM
Quote from: viper37 on May 23, 2017, 01:02:26 PM

She does a perfect Celine Dion impression, look it up.

you trying to kill him? :p